yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

The chilly weather, the crispy leaves, the soothing hot chocolate: fall is finally here. As Autumn makes its way into Connecticut, people are always in a puzzle on how to enjoy the blissful season. Here are some ideas on how to have fun and happily embrace the best time of the year. 

Apple picking/Pumpkin picking

Tis the season for the most popular activity of the year! Nothing beats going out with friends or family to a local farm and hand picking some pumpkins and apples. Norton Brothers Fruit Farm and Hickory Hill Orchard are two great local farms that provide you with the best experiences.

Binge watch Horror Movies

With fall comes Halloween and with Halloween comes scary movies! Now is a great time to catch up and watch all the horror movies that they air on TV. Grab a friend, a fuzzy blanket, some popcorn and you’re all set to get into the Halloween spirit. Channels such as Disney, Syfy, and Freeform will be playing some of the spookiest movies you know such as “Nightmare On Elm Street”, “Halloweentown”, and “The Addams Family”. Don’t miss out on this limited time event and make sure to check the schedule online!

Go to a Haunted House

Haunted houses are like preparing for a test- it’s a must! If you don’t mind getting jumped at, screamed at, and grabbed at, this is the perfect activity for you! Haunted houses are a great way to have fun and get out of your comfort zone, while definitely getting in the Halloween spirit. A great haunted house to go to is the Trail of Terror in Wallingford CT, and it’s only 13 minutes away!

Carve a Pumpkin

Carving pumpkins is one of America’s past time activities. Although it may be messy, it’s totally fun and a great way to get creative. All you need is a pumpkin carving kit, an idea, some newspapers, and obviously a pumpkin. After you carved one, you can take the seeds and eat them as a healthy and tasty snack! Clean them with water, let them sit out for 24 hours, coat them in butter and garlic salt, and then heat them up in an oven for 45 minutes. Now you have a tasty treat and a wicked pumpkin.

Go on a Hike

With the cool temperatures and all the leaves changing different colors, now is the best time to take a hike. Sleeping Giant is right across the street and as the month goes on, the leaves are only getting prettier! This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery and get in a good workout. Go now before it gets cold out!

Make and Grab some Fall Themed Treats

Ever heard of bears stocking up on food before winter hibernation? Well that’s exactly what’s going on here! Fall brings out the best snacks, like Mallomars and the many pumpkin spice foods. The most popular-and easy- snack to make are cookies! Take a run to target and grab some of the Pillsbury Halloween Sugar Cookies or some Nestle Toll House Harvest Apple Cookies.

Kaitlyn Berlanga

Quinnipiac '20

The sweetest, sassiest, most sarcastic girl you'll ever meet. Writing articles to better the lives of us girls :)
Brooke Van Allen

Quinnipiac '19

Hi! My name is Brooke and I'm a Senior at Quinnipiac and the CC of our chapter. In addition to blogging, I am passionate about animal welfare, nature and environmentalism, holistic health, cooking, and travel (I Just returned from a semester abroad in Thailand). I'm a psychology major and am infatuated with the human mind and listening to and helping people with anything going on in their lives.