This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

This Sunday April 22nd is Earth Day. Earth Day is one of the best days of the year, the weather always turns out to be randomly nice, and the earth really shows it’s true beauty. There are many things that you can do on Earth Day and every day to celebrate the beautiful earth.

For example, hiking Sleeping Giant State Park is across the street and is a perfect place to hike. There are a lot of trails that range from easy to hard. You and a couple of friends can hike up to the tower and take some awesome pictures to celebrate the earth.

In honor of earth day here are a couple facts about the earth!

1. 9.1 BILLION Tons of plastic has been produced since plastic was introduced in the 1950s.
  2. 91% of plastic waste isn’t recycled.
  3. Nearly TWO MILLION single-use plastic bags are distributed worldwide every minute.
  4. ONE MILLION plastic bottles are bought EVERY MINUTE around the world —

So, for the sake of the earth, put down the plastic and break out the reusable water bottles!

Have a happy Earth day! Remember to cherish the earth because everyday is earth day!

A local environmentalist, Game of Thrones enthusiast, meme loving, Leo. When I am not doing homework catch me surfing twitter, watching Lemonade Mouth, or preaching about Climate Change!
Brooke Van Allen

Quinnipiac '19

Hi! My name is Brooke and I'm a Senior at Quinnipiac and the CC of our chapter. In addition to blogging, I am passionate about animal welfare, nature and environmentalism, holistic health, cooking, and travel (I Just returned from a semester abroad in Thailand). I'm a psychology major and am infatuated with the human mind and listening to and helping people with anything going on in their lives.