Caitlin Ziegler – KPMG Intern and Relay for Life Event Chair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

What’s your major/ minor?

Major: Accounting

Minor: Management

What are you involved with on campus?

Pi Beta Phi – Founding Sister/ Vice President of Finance

Resident Assistant – Mountainview

Relay For Life – Event Chair 2013

Senior Week Co-Coordinator

Beta Alpha Psi – Representative

Have you had any internships?

This past summer I interned at KPMG as a Tax Intern. KPMG is one of the “Big 4” International Accounting Firms. Prior to that, I did a Discover Leadership program with KPMG and had an internship at Cerini & Associates, LLP which is an accounting firm in Long Island that focuses on not-for-profit organizations and educational clients.

What is the best thing about working with Relay for life?

Working with Relay For Life and the American Cancer Society is such a privilege and a wonderful way to make a difference. We all know at least one person who is/has been affected with cancer. There is nothing more rewarding than the night of the event seeing the emotions and the impact that Relay For Life has on a person. It is so touching that everyone who participates either as a survivor, donor, participant, friend, family, committee member can put everything aside and focus on this amazing cause. It is so special and inspiring to hear stories from survivors and to see the impact you can make on someone’s life. We have a great Executive Board and Committee and are so privileged to work with a group of students who want to fight back against cancer, make a difference, and create a memorable and successful event.

What are you most excited for in your senior year?

I am most excited for the overall excitement of senior year. There is so much to look back on from the last few years and so much to look forward to as well. It’s a bittersweet feeling and I just want to make the most of every moment and every opportunity. I want to enjoy the time with friends, go out as much as possible, create some wonderful new memories, build on friendships and relationships, and simply have fun!

What are your plans post-grad next year?

After graduation, I will be starting full time as a Tax Associate at KPMG in Long Island, NY. I am so excited to work for such a great company. I will also be studying for the CPA exam and starting to take the exam this summer.

Why do you do the activities you are involved in?

I fully enjoy each of the activities I am a part of and have so much fun with it as well. Yes it’s a lot, but I can’t imagine my college years any other way. Each of the activities and organizations that I have been a part of has led me to great friendships, experiences and opportunities. I have learned so much from everyone I have had the benefit of working with, and have taken so much away from each of these organizations. I love being a leader and helping others, and I got to do just that through these activities.

Any advice for Her Campus readers?

Put your best effort into everything that you do both in and out of the classroom. You’re only going to get something out of these things, the effort that you put in to begin with. Take all the opportunities you can get and don’t be afraid to take a risk. Put yourself out there because you can grow so much as a person and you never know what’s going to come your way.

Words of Wisdom: Have fun, enjoy your college years because it flies by! There is nothing like memories so make a lot of them!