Boy Meets World- Where are They Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Boy Meets World, a sitcom about life lessons and growing up, aired in 1993.  For all of us born in the 90s, Boy Meets World became an addiction.  We loved Cory and Topanga’s relationship, Shawn Hunter’s shenanigans, and Mr. Feeny’s wisdom.  Regardless of what we loved the most, we can all agree it was a show that could be watched for hours.  The series went on for seven seasons, which included Corey and Topanga’s marriage and their college years. When it ended in 2000, we thought a part of our childhood had died.  Now, 12 years later, a sequel has been mentioned.  Michael Jacobs, creator and producer, has been pitching the idea of Girl Meets World.  It would take place around Cory and Topanga’s 13-year-old daughter, Riley, and her friend Maya.  As we wait in anticipation to see if the new series will be casted and taped, here’s an update on where our favorite characters are now!

Ben Savage (Cory Matthews) – After Boy Meets World, Ben took a break from the acting world for three years.  He graduated from Stanford University with degree in Political Science.  When he started acting again, he was seen on a number of shows and starred in a few independent films.  His appearances included Car Babes, Phil of the Future, Palo Alto, Making It Legal, Chuck, and Bones.  He is now 32 years old and resides in Los Angeles, California.

Danielle Fishel (Topanga Lawrence) – Danielle appeared in National Lampoon’s Dorm Daze in 2003 and the sequel in 2006.  She also appeared in Gamebox 1.0 and an animated independent film called The Chosen One.  She became a spokesperson for the Nutrisystems Diet and was featured on The Tyra Banks Show.  She hosted The Dish on the Style network from 2008 to 2011.  Currently, she is the host of MSN TV’s Last Night on TV.  She’s 31 years old and lives in Hollywood, California.

Rider Strong (Shawn Hunter) – The rebellious friend of Cory Matthews turned to filmmaking after his role on Boy Meets World.  In 2004, he graduated as an English major from Columbia University and received his Master of Fine Arts from Bennington College in 2009.  He appeared in indie films, such as Cabin Fever, but he worked with his brother, Shiloh Strong, to create three short movies.

Will Friedle (Eric Matthews) – Will Friedle appeared in National Lampoon’s Gold Diggers (2003) and Everything You Want (2005).  Besides his two major appearances, he has starred as the voices of many animated characters.  He became the voice of Ron Stoppable on Kim Possible and Blue Beetle on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.  Now, 36 years old, he is currently the voice of Lion-O on Thundercats.

William Daniels (Mr. Feeny) – Mr. Feeny finally moved on from teaching in the same classroom for seven years.  He guest-starred on TV shows, such as The King of Queens, The Closer, and Boston Legal. He was also featured in the movie Blades of Glory in 2007.  His most recent role was Dr. Thomas on season 9 of Grey’s Anatomy.  He’s now 85 years old and has been married to his wife, Bonnie Bartlett, since 1951.

Hopefully the creator calls for a reunion of the characters so we can see our favorite stars from more than a decade a