Best Concerts This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

By: Rona Horowitz
As the days heat up and the school year comes to an end, students are looking forward to relaxing days, internships and hopefully, even a few fun trips to the beach with friends. But, if you are looking to change up your regular summer routine and need a music fix, check out these concerts for summer 2012.

Depending on the style of music you prefer and what type of concert you are looking to attend the opportunities are endless but these few suggestions can get you started on your summer concert binge.

To keep with the summer feel, a beach concert is always an option. Between the sand, music and night sky the ambiance is great for a first date, or even just a day with your friends. If you are close to Jones Beach, in Wantagh, NY and enjoy hip-hop music, The Spring Club Paradise Tour: Drake with J. Cole, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill, and 2 Chainz is a good fit for you. In addition to the Jones Beach stop on the tour there are many other over the Country found here: http://www.hiphopjunkiez.com/2012/03/drake-reveals-dates-for-spring-club.html

However, if the beach you not for you, but you are close to NYC, the Electric Cruise is a different feel. This is a cruise that is on a 3 story party boat, which takes you on a seven hour tour around Manhattan along with a stocked bar, three dance floors, 14 DJ’s and nonstop music. Before you get on make sure your stomach can handle being on a boat, wear comfortable shoes and prepare for all the nonstop dancing.

For those looking for more of an adventure, a fun road trip with your friends can be an alternative. There is a concert in Arkansas called Wakarusa, which is similar to Coachella. The masses come out and can camp on site if they choose to do so. You are able to select from a 1-4 day pass and take part in other activities on the campsite. A parade, costume contest, morning yoga, shopping and a variety of other activities can be done over the course of the festival. And don’t forget about all the adventures and shopping breaks you can make along the way!
http://wakarusa.com/2012/video.asp

Wakarusa is also similar to Camp Bisco Eleven, another camp out concert festival that takes place from July 12-14. Here, participants are able to camp out and listen to all types of music from house to hip-hop and everything that falls in between. The warm weather and outdoor concert stages make for great entertainment. Some people even relate Bisco to our generations Woodstock.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Rp6C8Sc3A&eature=fvwrel

Lastly, for the country music fans the Brothers Of The Sun Tour: Kenny Chesney & Tim McGraw is starting this summer on their 19-date stadium tour. Have a big preconcert tailgate and get ready for great country voices and instruments for a country concert you won’t forget.
Remember to come prepared for each type concert. Don’t forget tents, towels, bug repellant, even toilet paper if necessary and of course sunscreen is a must! Happy concert hunting. 

Tia Meyers

Quinnipiac

Tia is a senior public relations and marketing major at Quinnipiac University. She enjoys singing, kayaking, cooking, travelling, and dance. She is an only child and it has made her a very outgoing young woman. Tia’s motto is “you can’t be old and wise if you’re never young and crazy” and believes that you should be a person to look up to, always be true to yourself and to try anything and everything you can. Tia loves to watch tv and read, her favorite show is New Girl and her favorite book is “Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”. Tia is addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee, rings, peanut butter and the beach.