Become Part of a Service Learning Trip!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

There are many different service projects you can be a part of on campus! These trips help so many people and even benefit you. If you are looking to become involved in a trip such as this take a look at what Quinnipiac has to offer! To get more of an idea about different learning trips here is a little bit about a QU301 Service Learning Trip to the Dominican Republic that 20 students will be attending this winter!

The course and service learning trip helps to observe human rights, as well as cultural, economic, political and religious issues Haitians face on a daily basis. On this trip, they will be able to observe the life of these Haitians in the bateyes, or the sugar cane villages, in the Dominican.  The students will see the Dominican as beautiful as it is, yet see the poorest of the poor as well. They will develop wonderful relationships with people who live in the bateyes and help build a home for one of the families whom live there.

Visit our website, http://qudr2012.wordpress.com/ learn more about us, our cause, and to donate.

If you would like to be a part of something such as this there are many QU301 trips available that go to many different places. Also, the Habitat for Humanity organization is a great start to be involved in a service learning trip here at Quinnipiac!