Apple’s Latest Technological Advancements

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Last Tuesday, Apple announced their much-anticipated iPhone 6, but that wasn’t all they had in store for consumers.  This year in Cupertino, California, Apple also revealed the iPhone 6 Plus and the Apple watch.

The iPhone 6 will surpass the iPhone 5S in both size and quality.  The iPhone 6 will have a 4.7-inch display, while the iPhone 6 Plus will have a 5.5-inch display.  For all you Samsung fans, the iPhone 6 plus will have the same size screen as the Galaxy S5.  Also, both of the new iPhones will be thinner and have higher resolution screens than ever before.

Who doesn’t use their phone for photographs?  (Think artsy photos of Sleeping Giant or the clock tower.)  The cameras on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be able to autofocus even faster and will even have cool new effects, such as Time Lapse.

Apple also will be introducing Apple pay, where all you’ll have to do is tap your finger on your home button to complete purchases.  This will make online shopping much faster and more convenient—especially from your seat in that three-hour-long lecture. 

Additionally, the Apple Watch will be released in early 2015.  It looks really awesome.  It will connect with Bluetooth to your iPhone so that you’ll be able to access almost everything that is on your phone conveniently from your wrist.  The Apple Watch will also come in two sizes and will have an array of detachable wristbands to match every outfit, whether it’s formal or more casual.

Apple has also introduced a Health app that will be available on all devices, but the health features on the watch are especially cool.  The Apple Watch will be able to count steps and check your blood pressure, similarly to the way fit bands do, while still giving users access to everything on their mobile devices. 

Don’t fall behind on the ever-changing technology.  Stay one step ahead by preordering the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, set to release on Friday, September 19.  And keep your eyes peeled for the Apple watch, set to release in early 2015.

Which new Apple product will you choose?  Tweet us your favorites @hercampusqu!

My names Nicole! I'm a student at Quinnipiac University, my major is Media Studies with a minor in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management. I try my best to stand out and I often stand out on campus with my crazy leggings from an Australian company called Black Milk Clothing, so if you see someone in crazy leggings its probably me! I love music anything that will make you want to dance, I follow a group called Krewella like its my job so if you like them, I like you! Make sure to check out my Instagram: @nicolehardenbrook and my Twitter: @nrhardenbrook