5 Underrated QU Clubs (That Work Harder Than You’d Think!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Greek Life and SPB are wonderful, but they’re not the only organizations on campus. Here are some organizations that don’t get enough credit that you should totally know about.

1. WQAQ 98.1 FM: The student-run radio station is a media organization that is diverse in its own form. Kids in all classes run their own radio stations, playing whatever they want. From talk shows, to rap music, to classic rock, WQAQ plays a variety of music showcasing the musical and creative diversity of our students who take part in it. (I’ve always wanted to join myself!)

2. QU Theater For Community: Okay, I may be biased, but theater kids don’t ever get enough credit. These kids plan their schedules around productions (no night classes) so they can rehearse to put on a wonderful show. Theater kids put in the same effort and time that athletes do – but nobody realizes it because their talent is effortless. So please, go see a show this semester- these guys rock.

3. The Big Event: It may seem like one big day, and it is, but it is much more than that. The people behind the scenes started working last semester to accommodate this day of community service. All we have to do is sign up and show up and we get a free t-shirt – these guys do everything else.  P.S. You should totally sign up, it’s awesome!

4. Quinnipiac Pep Band: These people also rehearse one or two nights a week. They’re at every home hockey game and let’s be honest – it would be awfully quiet without them there. Our cheers upon winning against Yale would be nothing without their peppy instruments tooting along. And I’m probably not the only one who thinks it’s hilarious that the referees come out to the Darth Vader theme music (or maybe I am the only one, but that’s fine!).

5. QUAD: Quinnipiac After Dark:  Their advertisements are always lurking around on Facebook and in the Caf, but we don’t realize the work they put in. These people sacrifice their Friday and Saturday night to plan sober activities for those of us who choose not to party on the weekends. Some of the events I’ve been to are adopt-a-fish, the Great Gatsby outside movies screening, and I even participated in a “Talent Contest” where the prize was to open up for another musician. (I didn’t win, but I got cut-the-line to the Moonlight Breakfast!). It doesn’t matter how many people show up, these people still plan activities no matter what – and they never lack creativity.

Did we miss your favorite underrated QU club?  Tell us by tweeting @hercampusqu

And for more from Alison, check out her blog here!

Quinnipiac journalism sophomore who is a self-admitted workaholic (I've had 5 different jobs in the past year) , beach-lover, and concert go-er. alternativelyalison.wordpress.com is where you can find me blogging about music, life, and er- music.