This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Collegiettes are proud to admit they’ve added time to their busy college routines for an important activity: lying in bed to watch Netflix.  At times, Netflix has become our main priority.  (We can’t always be scholarly!)  It’s collegiettes’ go-to almost any time of the day to catch up on new and old TV shows and movies.  Thanks to Netflix, my taste in television shows has broadened.

Here are five TV shows Netflix offers that collegiettes should’ve binged watched like, yesterday:

1.  Gossip Girl

I am one of the many who absolutely fell in love with Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen.  Between Blair’s amazing sense of style and bad bitch mentality and Serena’s caring heart and glamorous lifestyle, this show is one of a kind.  It’s so much more than shopping, boys and parties.  The drama, passionate love and Gossip Girl herself make one of the best television series I have seen.

2.  Breaking Bad

Truthfully, I did not see myself enjoying this show (just like when I did not think I’d like Game of Thrones and boy, was I so wrong).  Walter White and Jesse Pinkman make one sick, dynamic duo you do not want to miss.  It’s not your average TV show; it’ll have you rooting for the bad guy and loving every minute of it.

3.  American Horror Story

This is another one of those one-of-a-kind shows.  It’s not for the faint-hearted!  There has been three seasons already, but only two seasons are currently on Netflix.  Each season presents a sick, twisted storyline.  They are all unique within themselves while remaining loyal to the original, old-fashioned American Horror Story.  The next season, beginning Oct. 8, is titled “Freak Show”.

4.  Orange Is the New Black

This show is great because its features a college alumna…one that turns bad and gets herself in some serious trouble with the feds.  Piper Chapman has had the perfect life until a ghost from her past does some serious haunting.  Piper’s baggage from her experimental days in college with Alex Vause, an international drug smuggler, lands her in jail.

5.  Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23

I, personally, have not yet watched this series.  But the good news is I have heard nothing but great things about it!  Plus, it was in my “Based on your interest in: Gossip Girl” list on Netflix, so I’ll automatically love it, right?  June and Chloe, one dedicated worker and one con-artist party girl, form an unlikely friendship.  Sound similar to your lives, collegiettes?

Whether you’re procrastinating in the library or just enjoying a girls’ night in, any of these five Netflix series is a great option.  So throw on your Bobcats hoodie and your favorite yoga pants and get ready for a sweet binge sesh!

Which of these TV shows is your favorite to binge watch?  Share your opinions with us @hercampusqu!

I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!