5 Reasons to Love May Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Do I even have to say it?!  May Weekend is finally almost upon us here at Quinni!  What better way to top off another awesome year other than letting go in your last bit of freedom before finals week?  Here are the top five reasons every Bobcat should love May Weekend.

1.  Sitting on the quad with friends.  Honestly, one of the very best things about QU is sitting on our gorgeous quad with the view of the mountain and clock tower right in front of us.  It’s even better when you’re with your best friends, enjoying the warm weather while getting crazy with the rest of our peers!  Plus, it creates an all-around perfect Insta moment.  (Do you even go to Quinnipiac if you don’t Instagram the clock tower or Sleeping Giant at least once?  #quinnipiacprobz)

2.  Enjoying the warm weather in general, especially if you are venturing out to a house party or into New Haven on May Weekend.  Let’s face it, collegiettes: partying (safely!) in the wintertime at Quinnipiac is so much different than partying in the springtime.  Finally, your roommate can stop using the excuse, “It’s too cold to go out!”  Which brings me to my next point…

3.  It’s finally time to break out those high-waisted shorts, maxi skirts, sandals, and crop tops that have been hiding in your closet all winter!  The guys can’t even say they didn’t miss the crop top/high-waisted short combo on every girl on Bobcat Way.  Us Bobkittens have definitely been waiting way too long to wear tose cute outfits that are only appropriate for warm weather.

4.  It’s just one big celebration.  We know all too well that Bobcats love a good party and May Weekend truly justifies this.  It’s just in Quinnipiac collegiettes’ nature: music blasting, barbeque grilling, selfie taking, students roaming campus with Pepsi cups in hand, making crazy memories during this unforgettable weekend.

5.  It’s a glimpse of summer!  Although we still have finals week left, May Weekend is the greatest reminder that summer is right around the corner.  Soon enough, barbeques and parties will be a regular occurrence.  May Weekend is the time to truly enjoy yourself before you hit the books hard.  Go crazy, but not too crazy, before you’ll be locked in the library for finals.

May Weekend at Quinni is something that is highly anticipated for by everyone at Quinnipiac.  It’s important to know to have fun, be safe, and make a lot of memories.  If you do anything at QU, make sure you get social during May Weekend.  Just make sure you leave enough recovery time to prep for finals!

I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!