5 Reasons to Love Long Distance Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Okay, Collegiettes: we all know that distance is one big pain, right? And what an even bigger pain it is when distance separates you from the one who has your heart. Although long-distance relationships require a ton of courage and faith, they’re not all that bad. Here are five reasons why QU girls who are in long-distance relationships should love embrace it!

1. Of course the obvious reason, absence truly makes the heart grow fonder. If two people genuinely love one another, the time spent apart will mean nothing when you’re finally reunited.

1. You learn the number one lesson: ultimate trust! Gaining someone’s trust and doing the same in return is not easy; spending time apart really teaches you how to do this correctly. And of course, the trust will grow stronger with every day the LDR ensues!

1. Text messages, Skype dates, Snapchats—normal to many, but special when it’s with your significant other! Plus, ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’ messages mean wayyyy more, right, Collegiettes?

1. Sad, but true… shaving your legs can be put on hold for a while, at least for a few days!

1. Of course, if fighting occurs, you can always spend time taking your mind off things doing fun things at QU. This could be anything from attending a sporting event or let’s be honest—a loyal, safe girl’s night at Toads on a Saturday night!

Whether you’re already in a long-distance relationship or you’re contemplating being in one, always remember these five important reasons! There’s a positive side to everything, right? Especially when it comes to long-distance relationships, something most people shoot down just at the thought of it. QU Collegiettes should embrace their long-distance relationships! After all, there’s nothing better than that first kiss and hug after you see each other again.