This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Okay, Collegiettes – you know who they are. We’ve seen them play on the ice at our very own TD Bank Sports Center. They’ve been our classmates. They have almost every girl at QU turning their heads. Here are five major reasons why every girl at Quinnipiac should love….you guessed it….hockey boys!

1. They seem like celebrities on the ice, but they’re also those modest, real people sitting next to you in the caf. Students know QU’s hockey players to be genuinely nice people. Simple, but a crucial characteristic all girls are appreciative of!

1. Their passion, talent and dedication truly show on and off the ice. Who doesn’t love a boy with all of the above?

1. If you’re lucky enough, you can go on ice-skating dates with them. Maybe they’ll even hold your hand and pick you up if you fall!

1. Their flow. (And let’s be honest… No Shave November may be over, but they sure know how to rock some serious facial hair).

1. As of last month, 2013 USCHO.com Division 1 Poll has ranked our Quinnipiac men’s ice hockey team fourth in the nation! It is obvious these boys are not only good at what they do, but they have something to be proud of.  

If you ever find yourself questioning your love for a QU men’s hockey player, remember these five reasons. As a whole, these characteristics make for a dedicated and genuine person (okay, maybe not “the flow”…but it’s a nice addition!). In the end, hockey player or not, it’s good to double check that your man has at least a few of these qualities.

QU men’s hockey holds an amazing reputation, and it is a seriously sexy sport Collegiettes should recognize!