15 Things People With Naturally Curly Hair Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

It’s both a blessing and a curse to have naturally curly hair. If you can relate, check out these curly hair situations you know all too well:

1. Not being able to brush your hair without it becoming a frizz ball and/or breaking the brush.

2. EVERYONE wants to touch your hair.

*eye roll*

3. Waking up in the morning looking like you have a lion’s mane. 

I (sadly) woke up like this.

4. Being told, “You look way better with straight hair!” 

Just stop talking now.

5. When people compare your hair to “naturally” curly hair on TV.

“Why doesn’t your hair look like that?” …that. Is. Not. What. Natural. Curls. Look. Like.

6. It just gets in the way. 

7. “So, do you curl your hair everyday?”

Are you kidding???

8. Your hair is the reason you can’t make plans on the spot. 

Hair drying alone takes over an hour.

9. Finding the perfect product for your hair is hard, but once you’ve found it, it’s the only thing you can use.

10. Not being able to go anywhere that is really humid.

Monica knows the struggle.

11. When people say they don’t understand why it takes so long for you to get ready.

IT’S THE HAIR.

12. When your hair is straight, the rain is your enemy.

Nothing is worse than wasting an hour to do your hair just to have the rain ruin it.

13. Yourself and others find strands of your hair everywhere!

#SorryNotSorry

14. Adults are always telling you how lucky you are to have naturally beautiful hair.

“When you get older, you’ll be so thankful for it!”

15. But in the end, you know you’ll always look fabulous.

*hair flip*

Hi! My name is Jenny and I am a sophomore public relations major at Quinnipiac University from Weston, Massachusetts. I am a huge Boston sports fan, I love to travel, and I love trying new things and meeting new people! Make sure to check out my Instagram and Twitter @jenfieldd
Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com