13 Lemonade Lyrics You Can Relate to as a Woman Scorned

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

It has been a little over a week since the release of Beyoncé’s sixth studio album Lemonade and it is FIRE HOT!! I can honestly say I have listened to this album in full at least ten times already. What makes it so captivating is that the album tells a deep, honest story (both with and without the visual part of the album). Even if you have never been cheated on, you can definitely find some connection to Beyoncé’s words. Here are some lyrics that will definitely resonate with you as a woman scorned (because we all have been at least once): 

1. “You can taste the dishonesty / It’s all over your breath as you pass it off so cavalier”– “Pray You Catch Me” 

2. “Can’t you see there’s no other man above you? / What a wicked way to treat the girl that loves you”– “Hold Up” 

3. “I smell your secrets and I’m not too perfect to ever feel this worthless / How did it come down to this? / Going through your call list / I don’t wanna lose my pride, but I’ma f**k me up a b***h”– “Hold Up”

4.  “It’s such a shame / You let this good love go to waste”– “Hold Up”

5. “Keep a bigger smile on my face, being alone”– “Don’t Hurt Yourself”

6. “Beautiful man I know you’re lying / I am not broken, I’m not crying”– “Don’t Hurt Yourself”

7. “I smell that fragrance on your Louis ​knit boy / Just give my fat a** a big kiss boy/ Tonight I’m f***ing up all your sh*t boy”– “Don’t Hurt Yourself”

8. “He trying to roll me up, I ain’t picking up / Headed to the club, I ain’t thinking ‘bout you / Me and my ladies sip my D’USSÉ cup / I don’t give a f**k, chucking my deuces up”–“Sorry”

9. “Middle finger up, put them hands high / Wave it in his face, tell him, boy, bye”–“Sorry”

10. “I ain’t thinking ‘bout you / Sorry, I ain’t sorry / Sorry, I ain’t sorry / No no, hell nah”–“Sorry”

11. “Suicide before you see this tear fall down my eye”– “Sorry”

12. “He better call Becky with the good hair”– “Sorry”

13. “All the loving I’ve been giving goes unnoticed / It’s just floating in the air, looky there”– “Love Drought”

Any time you need a pick-me-up, these Beyoncé lyrics will remind you how much of a QUEEN you actually are!

Drew Iorillo

Quinnipiac

Drew Iorillo is a current student at Quinnipiac University. She is a Cali-Country girl with a love for music and animals. Her likes include watching Netflix, Pinterest, and talking about her favorite TV hotties. Eventually Drew wants to be a talent agent and a photographer on the side. Stay in touch with her blog about new artists ontheryes.wordpress.com, and on her Pinterest (jnkgirl).
Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com