10 Songs to get you into the Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of yearrr! Okay, so it isn’t exactly Christmas yet…but it’s the holidays! You’re probably sitting and dreading finals, but with these awesome Christmas songs, you’ll fly right through finals and right into your best holiday yet.

1. Santa Clause Is Coming To Town by Mariah Carey: Okay, so this song has been sung over multiple times and this has got to be my favorite! It’s upbeat, catchy and will have                                   you dancing your way to a wonderful Christmas.

2. The First Noel by Josh Groban: This guy has got a wonderful voice—need I say more?

3. Jingle Bells Rock by Bobby Helms: A classic song that will make you feel as though you’re living it up in the 1950’s for the holidays!

4. White Christmas by Bing Crosby: Let’s hope this year that we will be able to wake up to a white Christmas.

5. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause by The Jackson Five: Cute and catchy song! Let’s hope none of you catch Santa Clause smooching your mom underneath the mistletoe!

6.  You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch by Thurl Ravenscroft: So you’ve probably never heard of this singer before, but I’m sure you’ve heard this song. It’s funny and definitely something you’d want to hear this holiday if you haven’t already.

7. Frosty the Snowman by Gene Autry: Another classic song that will remind you of Christmas as a child. Gene Autry is a man that can calm anyone with his soothing voice.

8. This Christmas by Donny Hathaway: Snap, clap and shake your way to a wonderful Christmas with this song!

9. Silent Night by The Temptations: Beautiful version of this song and one of my favorite! This song will be sure to put you at ease during these last two weeks in the semester.

10. The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole: Curl up next to the fireplace while listening to this song. This man’s voice will definitely put you at ease.

Hopefully by the time you’ve gotten through this play list you will be in a great holiday spirit. Happy Holidays to you all!

Print Journalism major with a passion for fitness, health, life, and the simple things. If you want to read more of work, check out my blog: http://naturallymel.wordpress.com/