Why Mindy Kaling Is Both Relatable and Awesome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

November 14, 2017 signaled the end of an era with the airing of The Mindy Project series finale. In my case, this time actually came a few weeks ago when the season was released on Netflix, and I proceeded to binge-watch all 10 episodes while wrapped in my duvet like a burrito for four hours. Although it was a sad day for viewers of the hit TV show, fans can find comfort in the fact that the actress, writer, comedian, and style icon mother (what can’t she do?) Mindy Kaling has plenty of projects in the works. Lookout for Ocean’s 8, A Wrinkle in Time, and her new show, Champions, in the coming months. In the meantime, let’s order up some takeout and take a moment to remember some of Mindy’s best moments over the years.

1. As a stellar writer for The Office and KELLY KAPOOR PEOPLE.

Too good.

Pizza is always the solution.

In response to meeting Ryan’s baby named Drake…Also, RT.

When the Wi-Fi is password protected at Cece Halpert’s baptism.

2. As Mindy Lahiri – is there a ranking for TV’s funniest OB GYN?

Nightly eating habits can lead to a badass victory over Dr. Paul Leotard (James Franco).

Before narrowly avoiding being hit by a car (aka everyday on campus).

3. Just Mindy being Mindy.

Because…The Internet. 

Photo courtesy of Twitter @mindykaling

By the way, Sarah Paulson also talks about being in a group chat with Mindy, Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter, Rihanna, and Awkwafina in said interview. Guess they forgot to add me.

Photo courtesty of Twitter @mindykaling

Catherine is a first-year Commerce student at Queen's University who (no surprise here) loves to talk business. Despite hailing from "the 6", she feels equally at home in the cool waters of the Pacific Ocean. In her spare time, Catherine can be found watching Breaking Bad reruns, attempting to try food from every restaurant ever, and attending outdoor concerts.