This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

As Taylor Swift would say, ‘Tis the Damn Season! The holidays are right around the corner and your parents are probably begging you to send them some type of wishlist. Luckily, I’m here to give you a few suggestions. 

1. Taylor Swift Tour Tickets

Now, this one is definitely on the pricey side of things. But with Taylor Swift recently announcing her 2023 American tour dates, these would be the perfect thing for any Swiftie to ask for. Imagine not having to deal with the stress of Ticketmaster pre-sale, constantly refreshing the page, and clicking on every seat just for them to all scream “Sorry! These were just sold to another fan!” That sounds like a Christmas gift in itself! 

And if you aren’t a Taylor Swift fan, find another artist you love and ask for tickets to their next show instead!

1. Noise Cancelling Headphones

I used to be a diehard AirPods girlie but TRUST ME, a quality pair of noise-cancelling headphones will change your study sesh for the better! I’m personally a big fan of the swanky Bose Quiet Comfort 35s that I stole from my dad, but there is a wide range of affordable options on Amazon. It all depends on what you’re looking for and your price range!

1. Books

You can’t go wrong with asking for any kind of book! If you’re into romance, ask for the newest romance book at Indigo, and if you’re into fantasy, ask for the newest fantasy series! The new year is on its way and creeps up right after Christmas, so make reading a fun new New Years’ resolution! On the other hand, if you’re already an avid reader, ask for a Kindle or any other kind of e-reader. 

1. New Pair of Leggings

I don’t know about you, but I cycle through leggings like there’s no tomorrow, which can get expensive. So why not ask for some new pairs for the holidays? While Lululemon provides great quality, I would recommend the Aerie Everyday Leggings. They’re almost always on sale online and include pockets, which is an absolute game-changer! 

1. Subscription Box

Now, there are subscription boxes for EVERYTHING. You can subscribe to receive books, snacks, the sock of the month, and more. There are even subscription boxes geared towards Formula 1 fans (which I am tempted to ask for myself). But these boxes make life easy for the gift-giver, since they don’t have much to pick out! Just select the company, subscription type, and they’re done! 

1. High Quality Jewelry 

Whenever I buy myself jewelry, I end up on Amazon looking at 10-packs of poorly made rings in search of the cheapest option. Hey, jewelry can be so expensive! However, a high quality necklace or ring will last you a lifetime, so the holidays are the perfect time to make some long-lasting staple pieces yours.

1. Go-To, High Quality Pair of Jeans

Similar to my point about jewelry, a good pair of jeans can be costly, but a long-lasting pair of Levis are so worth it!

1. Perfumes

I absolutely love trying out new perfume scents, so give one of Sephora’s gift sets a try. They are an incredible deal with about five sample sizes and a coupon to redeem a free full size of any sample included! On the other hand, if you already have your signature scent, it’s time to stock up! 

1. House Supplies 

This is a boring one, but let’s be honest, your uni house could always use some new pots and pans. Give your house a good sweep (with your eyes and your broom) and think about any household materials you’re currently lacking. Save a little money by adding them to your list!

1. New Posters

Spice up your bedroom and ask for some new posters featuring your favourite bands, movies, TV shows, or anything else that inspires you! You can even visit different vending sites, such as RedBubble or Etsy, to find any kind of art or decor that speaks to you. 

So there you have it, ten things that will definitely be on my Christmas list! Hopefully this gives you some inspo to start yours! Happy Holidays and happy shopping!

Victoria is a third-year Bachelor of Arts student at Queen's University studying English. She is also a lover of music, romcoms, Formula 1, and is always open to book recs!