This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

According to TikTok creators, 2021 is off to a great start! 

With hundreds of clothing and beauty products already trending on the app, TikTok is the place to be when it comes to finding affordable and chic pieces.

Whether you’re looking for a new winter jacket, a high-quality curling iron, or a gift for your partner, TikTok creators have got you covered. 

Even though I promised myself that in 2021 I would cut back on online shopping, thanks to TikTok, I’m already tempted to make a dent in my bank account. Guess I’ll start de-cluttering my room next year instead… Eek! 

But in all honesty, TikTokers rock at promoting new products that we might not have known about. Who knew that 60-second clips could be so amazing?!

The following are eight items that are currently trending on the app which I am absolutely obsessed with. LMK which ones you’re going to add to your wishlist!

Vintage Nike Sweatshirt

Want your pics to look like they belong on a Pinterest board? Soooo many TikTokers have sported vintage Nike sweatshirts in the past few months, and the look is here to stay. Check out Etsy for customized embroidered Nike sweatshirts; wear a customized Nike shirt in a TikTok, and you’re bound to become TikTok famous. I’m loving the colour brown this season, so I know what Nike sweatshirt I’m going to get!

Aerie ‘Offline Real Me High Waisted Crossover’ Leggings

These leggings were sold out for so long on the Aerie website, and it took me over a month to pick up a pair. I put myself on the Aerie mailing list so that I would be notified when they came back in stock and all. Even though the material isn’t as thick as Lululemon leggings, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and design. These leggings became popular when they were featured in a TikTok video, and now Aerie is only allowing people to buy 2 pairs max, because everyone wants to get their hands on them! Even if they’re sold out right now, they’re worth the wait.

Set Active Workout Set

Set Active sets are a great alternative to Lululemon workout gear.  The brand is known for its matching sports bras and leggings which are cheaper than other popular brands, while still being incredibly stylish. I’ve never bought a Set Active set but I’ve seen tons of TikTokers who’ve raved about them! Checking out Set Active is definitely on my to-do list. 

Button Pins For Jeans

Before TikTok, I had never heard of button pins that make the waistband on jeans tighter. Clip the pins onto your jeans and don’t worry about leaving holes in your jeans forever; they’re so easy to put on and remove, and I can’t believe that I’ve never gotten them before.  You can find super cheap ones on Amazon. 

Hydrocolloid Bandages For Acne

If someone would have told me that bandages could help my acne-prone skin, I would have had a good laugh. After seeing a bunch of TikTok videos about these ‘magic’ bandages, I’m so down to buy a pack. I would recommend speaking to a dermatologist if you have sensitive skin, but the bandages reduce inflammation and ultimately shorten your pimples’ lives. You just stick the bandages on dry skin and leave them on overnight.

Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer And Volumizer 

The Revlon hair dryer is a perfect way to achieve frizz-free blowouts in half the time with less heat-related damage. So many TikTokers have been obsessed with the ‘curtain bangs’ hair trend, and this hair dryer will give you the best hair flips in town. This product is currently available on amazon.ca or walmart.ca for $64.00.  

Wireless Microphone For The Car

Who wouldn’t love a karaoke mic for the car?? The brand called Singing Machine has developed a wireless microphone that has a built-in long-lasting rechargeable battery, so you’re in for hours of fun! This product is available on amazon.ca for less than $100.000 and it’s the perfect way to have a fun girls’ night. 

David Dobrik’s 100k Puzzle 

Social media star David Dobrik has released a puzzle that’s now available to purchase. It’s called the ‘Hundred Thousand Dollar Puzzle’ and after finishing the puzzle, you have the opportunity to win up to $100,000.  All you have to do is scan the QR code on the puzzle and find out what you have won!! A bunch of TikTokers have been posting videos of their family and friends completing this almost-impossible puzzle, and it’s honestly so entertaining to watch. Next time your family comes over, try figuring out this puzzle together; you’re definitely in for some laughs or even tears:) 

Julia Sable

Queen's U '21

Julia Sable is a fifth year student at Queen's University. She is passionate about writing and hopes to pursue a career in fashion.
HC Queen's U contributor