For the Queen’s Girls With Oily Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Does living in Kingston prove to be a curse for your facial skin? Many of us girls would say so. The lakeside view is amazing, but its presence is not nearly as amazing for your face. The proximity of Kingston to Lake Ontario causes a higher humidity level. In simple terms, without being too sciency, the lakeside weather increases the moisture in our skin. Although this increased moisture helps our skin look supple, it also makes our skin look oily.

After exploring a few different skincare products from The Body Shop, we finally found two products which did the trick:

Tea Tree Mattifying Lotion (formerly called Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion), and

Tea Tree Pore Minimiser

The two tea tree products work best when used together, in the order presented above. The Pore Minimiser serves as a type of primer to complete the matte look.

On the other hand, the drawback with these products is their price. The lotion is regularly priced at $15, while the pore minimiser is priced at $20. Yet, the two products are a valuable investment for our skincare. One great aspect of The Body Shop is that they provide as many free samples as you like before deciding to buy a product. Take advantage of this feature at the store! Try out the two products on your skin and see if you would like to purchase them. You also have the option of waiting for The Body Shop’s “Buy 3 Get 3 Free” promotion, which is offered rather frequently.

If you do use the two products and end up liking them, you can opt to purchase The Body Shop’s rewards card. This entitles you to 10% off your entire purchase each time you shop at the store. In addition, you are treated to $10 off your entire purchase one time during your birthday month.

To get your hands on some free samples of the two Tea Tree products, you can conveniently take a bus from campus directly to Kingston’s Cataraqui Mall. Happy shopping!

HC Queen's U contributor