Professor Betsey Donald

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Who is Professor Betsey Donald?

Professor Betsey Donald is the undergrad chair for the Geography department. She is originally from Victoria, British Columbia. She has three younger sisters, two beautiful daughters, and a loving and supportive husband.

Professor Donald has a PH.D from the University of Toronto, a Masters degree from York University, and a Bachelor degree from the McGill University. During her graduate and doctorate degree, she was a T.A in her respectful universities. After completing her doctorate degree, she was offered a position at Queen’s University and has been with us for 14 years. She’s also a visiting scholar at Harvard University and a visiting fellow at the University of Cambridge.

Professor Donald has released at least 40 book chapters and articles. Not only is Donald a writer, she’s also a editor out of the University of Cambridge.

Her area of expertise is regional economic development, urban governance and sustainable food system. She mainly focuses on these areas in developed countries, particularly, North America.

Her Campus sat down with Professor Donald to find out for about the Geogrpahy department, as well as general advice for students at Queen’s.

What is unique about the Geography department?

What Professor Donald found so unique about the geography department is how flexible the degree is. A geography degree is both a science and an arts degree. If you are interested for more information, she strongly advises for everyone to come to her for more information.

Do you have any advice for Queen’s students?

There is a light in the end of the tunnel. Everything you do will be worth it in the end, just make sure to keep a balance with work and fun. It is extremely important to make good memories here at Queen’s.