Pieces of Advice You Need to Hear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

It’s strange that words can have such a big impact on your mindset. It’s also strange that, from a seemingly powerless position, you actually hold the ability to shape your life’s path and outcomes. I often forget that life is like a blank canvas and that I have the control to create a beautiful piece of art.

These inspiring words have gotten me through the gloomy days and allowed me to see the sunshine despite what’s happening around me. Hopefully you find sayings like these that resonate with you, and keep them in the back of your mind. I’ve created many of these based on past advice from family and friends, and through my own experience. Whether you’re going through a breakup, have lost someone, are lacking inspiration, are feeling lost or just need a pick-me-up, I hope these quotes help you as much as they’ve helped me.

Always be a little kinder than necessary.

You have the ability to choose who you surround yourself with; use it wisely.

If it’s meant to be, it will be or come back your way in time.

Don’t wait until it’s too late to tell someone how much you love them and how much you care.

Learn to say “no” without explaining yourself.

To be happy, let go of what is gone, and look forward to what is coming.

It’s okay not to know where you’re going or what you’re doing; you have a train ticket, you just don’t know the destination. But you are going somewhere great.

What you want exists, so don’t settle until you get it.

Fourth-year English major at Queen's University. Co-Chair of Her Campus Queen's!