This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Online or on-campus classes? The ultimate question.

Why choose online?

1. Online courses mean you don’t have to leave your bed; what’s better than doing schoolwork from the comfort of your own bed? Not much! Throughout the week, you can work in your PJs at whatever time is best for you! This option is even better when it’s February and the last thing you want to do is brave the cold blizzards outside.

2. You don’t have to communicate with anyone. The most you may do is post a discussion question online, which is great if you’re not in the mood to interact in a classroom setting!

3. You don’t have to worry about missing class! Not in Kingston? Slept in? Got other plans? No problem! You can do course work whenever you feel like it; it doesn’t get much better than that!

But what about on-campus? It has its perks too, right?

1. Friends! If you share the same classes with your friends, not only do you get to see them more often, but you can help each other out on course assignments. Having friends in a class makes it so much better… you can complain together about the number of readings you have to complete. Don’t have any friends in the class? You can always make new ones!

2. You can speak to your professor face-to-face. One of the hardest things about taking an online course is that sometimes the prof is unavailable to meet in person, or prefers to only communicate via email or Skype. I don’t know about you, but the last thing I would want to do is Skype my prof; Skype is awkward enough inherently, thanks! Being able to slip all your questions in at the end of class is the best because you don’t have to make time to see your prof outside of class!

3. Fresh air! Let’s be honest… if none of us had class on campus, would we even leave the house? What’s great about taking a course on campus is that it forces you to get out of bed, get dressed, go outside, and be social – if it were up to us, we’d probably spend every day in PJs.

Which option wins? Neither– they’re both great! So if you’re reading this to help yourself make a decision, I’m sorry but I don’t have the answer! The best way to go is to simply take the classes that you find most interesting!

Hi I am a 3rd-year student at Queen's University. I am studying French and English for my undergraduate degree at the same time as doing my Bachelor of Education! I love to write and I hope you like to read my pieces!