CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections MAKEUP?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Style > Beauty

My Favourite Clean Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

By now, most of us have heard of clean beauty and have heard about all the toxins present in beauty products that are bad for both your skin and the environment. With the climate crisis escalating, the impact of beauty products through processes such as the extraction of mica—a common mineral in beauty products—is large, and little efforts like using clean products can make a big difference. Transitioning to clean makeup is not only good for the environment but a conscious decision to do better for your skin.

Oftentimes, people try clean products that either don’t work well or don’t perform as well as a product that isn’t clean, thus deterring them from using clean products. For this reason, I’ve decided to make a list of my favourite clean beauty products that look amazing on your skin.

Kosas – Revealer Concealer

Looking for a concealer? The Kosas Revealer Concealer is the best I’ve ever used. It is a medium coverage, creamy concealer, eye cream, and spot treatment all in one. Ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, peptides and caffeine are used to hydrate and smooth the skin. From Kosas’s sustainably sourced ingredients to its cruelty-free methods, this product is a must-have.

Tower 28 Beauty – Bronzino Illuminating Cream Bronzer

If you want the vacation-like sun-kissed tan look this is the bronzer for you. An Allure Best of Beauty winner, this cream bronzer is a buttery balm that will melt into your skin. Not only does this give you a bronzed look but it also has a bit of shimmer that looks beautiful. 

Supergoop! – Glowscreen

The Supergoop! Glowscreen is not just a sunscreen but an amazing primer that has a pearlescent finish that leaves your skin with a beautiful glow. This sunscreen is Reef-Safe, which means that it doesn’t contain oxybenzone and octinoxate which are common UV-blocking chemicals that are known to cause coral bleaching. Sunscreen is such an important skincare item that must be applied every day, so making an effort to use an environmentally-friendly one is super important.

Merit – Shade Slick Tinted Lip Oil

I’ve been using Merit Beauty products for a few months now and the tinted lip oil has become my favourite lip product by far. If you’re looking for an alternative to the Dior Lip Oil, this is the product for you. This tinted lip oil will keep your lips hydrated and leaves a tint that will last a couple hours. All of the Merit products are vegan and certified cruelty-free, so you can use this beautiful lip oil in good conscience. I would definitely consider this product an essential that everyone should have. 

Saie – Dew Blush Liquid Cheek Blush

If you like the Rare Beauty Liquid Blush, this is the clean product alternative for you. This is a creamy, water-based gel blush that leaves you with a radiant finish. One of the efforts that Saie highlights are their use of UV ink dying methods to prevent bleaching. Their containers are also entirely produced using solar power and are packaged locally to reduce their carbon footprint.This TikTok viral blush has become a staple in so many people’s makeup routine. Despite its luxury feel and marketing, it’s actually quite affordable compared to most brands at Sephora. 

There’s a reason clean products are becoming more and more popular and it isn’t just because they’re great—there is a true demand for safe products for both your skin and the environment. These are just a couple amazing products, and to see more look at the Sephora clean products to add anything else you might need for your beauty collection!

Emma Luong

Queen's U '25

A third-year Health Sci student at Queen's University who enjoys reading, making Spotify playlists, watching classic movies and cooking!