This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Now that we’re slowly approaching midterm season, you might be thinking: what now? If you’re wondering whether all the good times ended with Thanksgiving – you’re wrong! With October in full swing, there are several eye-catching movies hitting the big screens that you don’t want to miss! Here’s a list of movies to look forward to:  

A Star is Born (October 5, 2018)

One movie in particular that has been generating a lot of buzz is A Star is Born, featuring Bradley Cooper and Stefani Germanotta (also known as Lady Gaga). The movie portrays Jackson Maine, an accomplished musician who discovers Ally, a younger artist, refusing to let her give up on her dream. A love story sparks between Jackson and Ally as he introduces her to the spotlight, helping her career take off.

The Hate U Give (October 12, 2018)

Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter struggles to find balance between her two worlds: her poor neighbourhood and the rich prep school she attends. When her childhood best friend, Khalil, is shot by a police officer, Starr is the only one who knows what happened that night. What she chooses to say (or not say) could change her community forever. In The Hate U Give, Starr is portrayed by Amandla Stenberg, who played Rue in The Hunger Games. The movie also features KJ Apa, Regina Hall, and Sabrina Carpenter. 

Halloween (October 19, 2018)

Another movie to be looking out for is Halloween, the sequel to the 1978 film, Halloween. Jamie Lee Curtis returns to the big screen, filling in the shoes of Laurie Strode for the final showdown with Michael Myers. The movie hits theaters on October 19th, just in time to get you into the Halloween spirit. 

Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch (November 9, 2018)

Sure to please the inner child inside us all, Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch is a movie no one should miss. A remake of the classic holiday movie, people just cannot wait for its release in early November. The movie features Benedict Cumberbatch as the Grinch, who also starred in The Imitation Game and was the title character in Sherlock Holmes. This is the first remake since the live-action version movie was released in 2000, featuring Jim Carrey. In addition, Pharrell Williams plays the Narrator in the movie – a voice that will definitely captivate the masses!

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (November 16, 2018)

If you listen carefully, you can hear the Potterheads practicing their spells as the second of a total of five new movies in the Fantastic Beasts series comes to theatres. Picking up where the last movie left off, the story continues with MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America) capturing the Dark wizard, Gellert Grindelwald, with the help of Newt Scamander (played by Johnny Depp and Eddie Redmayne respectively). However, holding true to his promise, Grindelwald escapes and with his growing number of followers, is set to raising pure-blood wizards to rule over all non-magical beings. Albus Dumbledore, with the help of his student, Scamander, works to thwart Grindelwald’s plans. It’s time to “nox” the theaters and settle in for the next chapter in J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World. 

Shaarini is a writer for Her Campus at Queen’s U. She is third-year Life Science student at Queen’s University. She enjoys watching horror movies in theatres, a warm cup of coffee, and spending quality time with her friends.