This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

On January 6th, The Golden Globes kicked off awards season – the first few months of the year, during which the best of television, film and music are honoured. As a movie-lover, it’s a privilege to witness and celebrate the incredible achievements of producers, directors, writers, editors and actors in the industry. With the Academy Awards looming, I can’t help but think about all of the buzzworthy movies set for release in 2019. These are the ones I’m most looking forward to…

Captain Marvel (March 8th)

Actress Brie Larson will be Carol Danvers (AKA Captain Marvel), in Marvel’s first female-led film. The story follows Carol as she finds herself and her planet stuck in the middle of an intergalactic war. Taking place in the ’90s, this film is bound to attract superhero aficionados everywhere.

Us (March 15th)

As a follow up to Get Out (2017), director Jordan Peele brings audiences an unprecedented level of psychological horror in his new film. The plot centers around a family of four who receive an unsettling visit from scissor-bearing strangers while on vacation.

Five Feet Apart (March 22nd)

With Riverdale star Cole Sprouse as the male lead in this romantic drama, it’ll undoubtedly be a must-see for teens and young adults. Sprouse plays Will, a cystic fibrosis patient who falls for a girl with the same diagnosis – but their sickness forces them to keep physical distance.

Rocketman (May 31st)

From Bohemian Rhapsody to A Star Is Born, 2018 was the year of music-oriented films. In the same vein, Rocketman is set to please music lovers across the globe. This biopic of Elton John’s life and career will give audiences a look at how he became a musical legend.

The Lion King (July 19th)

From broadway to the big screen, The Lion King is a well-loved story that has seen many adaptations over the years. This live-action remake of the 1994 animated classic has my Disney-enthusiast heart fluttering with excitement.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (July 26th)

Starring favorites Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, this film is set during the real-life reign of Charles Manson and his followers in 1969 Los Angeles. DiCaprio and Pitt play an actor and stunt double duo attempting to make a name for themselves in a tragedy-ridden Hollywood.What movies are you looking forward to seeing this year? I hope this list gave you a few ideas!