Justice Cup Soccer Tournament

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

On Saturday March 29, join your fellow Queen’s community in the Arc for Queen’s International Justice Mission’s (QIJM) first Justice Cup! The Justice Cup is a charity soccer tournament to raise awareness for International Justice Mission (IJM). You have the opportunity to participate in the Justice Cup yourself by www.qijm.ca”>signing up either with a team or be a free agent. Instead of playing, you can drop by, enjoy the games and support your friends.

Queen’s International Justice Mission is a new club on Queen’s that launched September 2013. QIJM seeks to support the organization IJM by raising awareness about the issues of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression, raise funds to help support IJM in their mission, and finally, to pray for IJM and victims of slavery and sex trafficking.

Over the course of the year, we’ve had tons of events including movie screenings (both recreational and educational), a bake sale on Homecoming Weekend that raised over $700.00, jar initiatives and Knit For Freedom.

In addition to hosting fundraising events, the club meets for half an hour after our weekly meetings to pray for the oppressed. This aspect of the club is entirely optional and having a Christian background is not required for the club.

A huge part of the club is to form a sense of community and family. Every Thursday at the weekly meetings, club executives who include Jason Durst, Breanna Ste Mary, Danya Sprott, Michael Whynot, Kally Ho, Praise Yu and Andrew Harvey take time to play a game or two that involve all club members to share something about themselves.

Being a member of QIJM feel as if I am taking an hour out of my busy day to go hang out with a bunch of friends and brainstorm ideas for fun events. The atmosphere is welcoming and each member of the club is wonderful.

QIJM is always looking for new members so join us sometime on Thursdays at 7:30 in the ARC, room 618A (above Cogro!).

Please join us at the Justice Cup to meet new people, have a great time and raise awareness for a good cause!

For more information, visit our website: www.qijm.ca designed by Jay Marchi, or like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/QueensInternationalJusticeMission

“By supporting and raising awareness for International Justice Mission, we will fight against sex trafficking, oppressed women and sexual violence in Canada.”