This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Name: Imran Bayoumi 

Year and Major: 4th year Political Studies major

Hometown: Toronto

Why did you choose Queen’s, and why politics? 

I chose Queen’s because of the great campus and community. I had a lot of friends who were at Queen’s, and I loved it every time I visited. I also have a lot of family members that went to Queen’s and they helped me shape my decision too. I chose to study politics because I really enjoy learning about other places and my politics degree allows me to do this! 

You’re ASUS’s CRO (Chief Returning Officer) — can you tell me a bit more about that?

As the CRO, I’m in charge of [organizing] the Arts and Science elections. This means I have a hand in everything – ranging from logistics to marketing. I work alongside a great team to help plan and execute all the ASUS elections. One of our goals this year is to increase student engagement, and we’ve been working hard at accomplishing this!  

Why is it important that Arts & Science students vote in ASUS elections? 

It’s super important for Arts and Science students to vote because ASUS is their student government! By voting, you’re helping shape the direction of the Society and making sure that you have a representative who you feel is able to address your issues and concerns at a larger level. 

What’s the most overrated study spot at Queen’s? 

Cogro… sorry. 

What’s your favourite Buzzfeed quiz?

“If You Get Less Than 10/14 on This Quiz, You’re Probably an American”

Friends or The Office? 

The Office for SURE. 

Are you participating in Movember? If so, why? 

Yes! I believe that even though the stigma surrounding talking about mental health and men’s mental health in general has decreased in the past few years, there still remains a lot to be done. Movember is a great way to continue the conversation on men’s mental health, among the other health issues men face.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully I’ll be a lawyer! Fingers crossed. 

Jeans cuffed or uncuffed? 

Uncuffed. Like me. 

Would you rather have to read aloud every word you read, or sing everything you say out loud?

For the benefit of everyone around me, I think read aloud… but that would still suck in lectures. 

Last but not least, does pineapple belong on pizza?

No. No, no, no. 

Ryerson gal. Loving the city, missing my dog and probably listening to an audiobook 
HC Queen's U contributor