halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Life > Experiences

How to Have The Least Stressful Halloweekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

BOO! Happy Halloween everyone! Spooky season is here, and Halloween is right around the corner. For some of us, Halloween can be a bit stressful—especially trying to figure out a unique and creative costume. There’s already a lot of stress regarding Halloween and how you can make the most out of your night, but this article is here to help you hack the night. In preparation for the BEST day of the year, I thought I would share some tips on what you can do in advance to have the least stressful Halloweekend ever. 

1. Homework

Do as much homework as you can before the weekend! This should be the first thing you do whilst preparing for your weekend. You don’t want to be at a party stressing out about an assignment that is due in 3 hours because you forgot to do it. To avoid high blood pressure, it’s best to start your pre-Halloweekend by finishing all of your last-minute assignments and readings. 

2. Avoiding Over-Consumption

When planning your costume, make sure you look in your wardrobe first or try to buy pieces that you can wear after Halloween. By doing this you can help save yourself a lot of money and space in your closet. If you can re-wear pieces of your costume, you’ll probably feel better about spending money on it anyways than if it were to collect dust at the back of your closet. Just my two cents!

3. Accessories Can be Your Worst Nightmare!

Another thing that can make your halloweekend a bit more difficult is by having too many small meticulous accessories that go along with your costume. Let’s say your costume requires pompoms, a crown, or a wand for example. You probably don’t want to spend your whole night keeping track of where your accessories are. If you avoid little accessories that can easily fall off or get misplaced, it will save you a lot of stress and wondering where the heck half of your costume is throughout the night. Do you think Harry Styles could keep track of his bowtie and hat all night? No!

4. Photos Come First!

Yep, you heard me right—photos are one of the first and most important parts of your night. Don’t you wanna show off your amazing costume on social media? Taking photos at the beginning of the night will ensure that you will have at least one good photo of your costume, which is much better than waking up the next morning and realizing you forgot to take any at all. You can always take photos during the night, but getting some in before the night starts will help give you some peace of mind knowing that you don’t have to worry too much about your upcoming social media posts. 

5. Room and Food Prep 

The next step of creating a relaxing Halloweekend is to prepare your room and your pantry for the end of the night and morning after. You can prep your room by tidying up before you go out, so you won’t have a lot to do the next morning. Another thing that is extremely helpful is setting up a recovery station on either your nightstand or in your washroom. This recovery station should include a water bottle, Gatorade, salt crackers or another snack, Advil, makeup wipes, and a plastic bag lined trash can. I think that the makeup wipes, water bottle, and trash can are the most essential though. Next, make sure you have breakfast food for the morning after, so you aren’t starving in the morning because you’re too hungover to make food. Waking up to a good pre-made breakfast will make you thank your past self for prepping. 

I hope you’re all having a safe weekend, and you can utilize these tips to help make Halloween less stressful and more fun!

Sabrina Bernard

Queen's U '25

Sabrina Bernard is a writer Her Campus' National Program. She writes lifestyle content on the site, including entertainment, news, and experiences. Beyond Her Campus, Sabrina is heavily involved at her university, where she is an Orientation Coordinator for the largest not-for-profit orientation in Canada, she is the Co-President of the English Department Student Council, and models for her university's Sustainable Fashion club. She also volunteers at the local Animal Shelter when she goes home. Sabrina is currently a junior at Queen's University, majoring in English Literature with a certificate in French. She has also been a panelist at several literary conferences for her works. In her free time, Sabrina enjoys reading, playing with her cat Poppy, and petting every cat she can find on the streets. She's also a huge Modern Family fan and has rewatched the series multiple times.