COVID-Friendly Things to Do in Kingston Before you Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Here are a few activities you can do to enjoy the spring weather in Kingston before you graduate:

1. Explore the K & P Trail

Within the City of Kingston, the K & P Trail is 22 km long. The beautiful trail is composed of natural open landscapes, rock cuts, wetlands and key pieces of historic Kingston. Grab your roomies or enjoy a nice leisure walk alone while taking in some of Kingston’s most scenic views while catching some fresh air.

2. Walk the Kingston Waterfront

Don’t underestimate a leisurely stroll along the Waterfront- extending 8 km, this trail has several access points and allows you to enjoy many downtown kit spots, including Portsmouth Olympic Harbour and City Hall. This picturesque walk can also be enjoyed on a bike, skateboard or rollerblades. 

Person Stands on Brown Pathway
Photo by Tobi from Pexels

3. Relax at Lemoine’s Point

If you want and are able to escape from the downtown Kingston scene without going too far, Lemoine point might be your ideal next destination. Located west of the downtown area, Lemione’s Point is a peaceful conservation area great for satisfying that adventure craving and snapping some great pictures!

4. Go (indoor) rock climbing at the Boiler Room

For those craving some physical activity, check out the Boiler Room Climbing Gym. With reasonable prices and located on Cataraqui street, this is a great spot to tackle with friends, whether you’re a rocking climbing pro or are going for the first time!

5. Visit Martello Alley 

Located on Wellington Street, this “hidden gem” offers an artistic collective of rich history within the charming courtyard, beautifully enchanted with seasonal landscape design. Inspired by La Rue du Trésor in Québec, Martello Alley is an artistic site to see.

Cocktails
Photo by Ahmad Syahrir from Pexels

6. Grab a drink at a classic Kingston Pub 

The Iron Duke, Red House, and Kingston Brewing Company are among a plethora of Kingston’s amazing pubs and bars. Above are a few of the city’s classic spots to grab a pint and soak up some social time with pals. 

7. Get a BeaverTail in Springer Market Square

Nothing says Canadian quite like a BeaverTail! Located right in the heart of downtown Kingston, pick yourself up a tasty pastry and enjoy the hustle and bustle of Springer Market Square. 

8. Grab some lunch at a local downtown restaurant

You wouldn’t be doing Canada’s city with the most restaurants per capita justice without grabbing some grub at a local restaurant. Bring your buddies and order something classic on their menu. Union Kitchen + Cocktails, Woodenheads and Atomica are among some of Kingston’s unique and delicious restaurants. Plus it’s a great way to keep your money local and support the city’s small businesses. 

Darien Ahola

Queen's U '21

Darien is a fourth year student majoring in Health Studies at Queen's University. She enjoys going to the gym, watching The Office and plentiful amounts of Starbuck's Blonde Roast coffee (black, of course!)
HC Queen's U contributor