Big 3 Astrology?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Big 3 Astrology?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

Celebrities With Birth Charts That Make No Sense

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

If you ever want to know more about a person, look no further than their date and time of birth! Astrologers over many millennia have looked to the stars to discern the Universe’s truths. Varying forms of astrological practices have accumulated into the broader version popularized today.

If you casually enjoy astrology, you have probably found yourself reading up on your own/other natal charts to learn more. If you spend enough time on social media, you might have seen content breaking down the birth charts of your favourite celebrities. The frenzied obsession with astrology and celebrities means there is plenty of public information on the birth charts of Earth’s very own stars.

As with any cultural phenomenon, astrology has some haters, and who can blame ‘em? Birth charts and zodiac signs are complex pseudo-sciences that have been dumbed down and publicly misconstrued. Astrology is also up for personal interpretation. It’s simply impossible to grasp the many mysteries of the cosmos so our human interpretations are often limited.

Feature Hero Zodiac Spending Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

With no shortage of opinions and a decent understanding of different zodiac signs, planets, houses, aspects, etc., I feel qualified enough to present you with some celebrities with birth charts that make absolutely NO SENSE.

Emma Stone
Emma Stone, who is purported to be the inspiration for Taylor Swift’s “When Emma Falls in Love,” has a Scorpio sun in her second house! This placement indicates a controlling, unpredictable, and introverted nature. Emma Stone has been publicly likened to the sun/sunshine more than once, which is probably not a common descriptor for a Scorpio. Stone’s Leo rising makes her passionate, hardworking, and controlling. But her Venus in Virgo is debilitated by her first house placement, which indicates difficulty finding financial success, a far truth from Stone’s reality of wealth and fame.

Hero Copy
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

John Mayer
Considering the negative public perception of John Mayer, it’s surprising to find that he has the often popular and likeable Sun in Libra placement. In fact, John is a Libra Stellium with many of his placements focused in the first three houses of his chart. This placement denotes a tendency to avoid disputes. However, throughout his long career in the spotlight, Mayer has been known to publicly prod at controversies.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Moon in Aries is not typically a placement you want for a world leader! Prime Minister Trudeau’s Moon could make him erratic and insensitive. Strangely, Trudeau has often been criticized by some sectors of the public and media for being inoffensive and gentle-handed in decision-making. His ascendant is in Virgo, his Mercury is in Sagittarius and his moon is in Pisces. That combination of placements usually results in poor communication skills and highly nervous energy. Not very electable traits, right? His chart indicates he’s much better suited to creative fields over political ones, which might explain why he attended McGill to study Literature. Such an impressive career leap for Mr. Trudeau!

The growing popularity of astrology has resulted in divisive discussions on its validity. A lot of misinformation has spread over the internet in the process. It’s important to check our biases when consuming media that reinforces our perceptions. Everyone should occasionally scrutinize their belief systems. Stay on the lookout for more odd astrology finds and try to see how different interpretations result in new findings.

Leyou Andualem

Queen's U '24

Leyou is a fourth-year Political Studies student at Queen's. In her spare time, she enjoys reading and dilly-dallying.