Campus Cutie: Laura Belford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Name: Laura Belford

Faculty: Concurrent Education

Year: Third

Hometown: Oakville, ON

What’s your favourite thing about Queen’s?

I feel like at Queen’s there is a huge variety of opportunities to get involved. There are a ton of different clubs, teams, and organizations, so it’s easy to find something you love and meet other people who love it too. That, and CoGro cake.

If you could pick a cupcake flavour to describe you, what would it be and why?

Funfetti. Basically vanilla but with a little extra pizzazz.

Is there a cheesy pickup line that gets you every time?

“Know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material.” I think that one’s too good.

Quick! Your room is on fire and you only have time to grab 2 things – what are they?

Definitely my phone, because it has all my pictures and is basically part of my body at this point. And then probably my collection of concert tickets. I go to a ton of shows and I always keep the ticket.

Pretend you could give your 8-year-old self a piece of advice, what would it be?

Eat your vegetables.

A crazy Queen’s squirrel has just broken into your house and is devouring your 4-piece, what do you do?

My house has actually had multiple squirrel break-ins, so this hits close to home. My go to is usually to hide in my room and text in our house group chat so that one of my (braver) housemates can assess the situation (and in this case, hopefully rescue my 4-piece).