Campus Cutie: Kristy M

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Name: Kristy

Favorite Style of Clothing:

Androgynous or workplace chic

Starbucks or Tims:

Tims, not because of their coffee, but their donuts

Interesting Fact:

I have watched the U.S. version of the Office twice. I can’t say I’m proud of it.

Favourite TV Show:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Favourite Thing About Living Off-Res:

Cooking my own food. I really missed home food and living off-res allows me to reconnect with that. Plus, I just like cooking in general.

Favourite Dish to Make: 

Omelettes, they are so simple yet there are so many variations to them.

If you could be an animal, what would you be? Why?:

I would be a tortoise. A lot of people consider me to be wise and mature, I am often mistaken to be older than my actual age, and I like to take things slowly.

Who Inspires You:

My immediate family members act as my inspirations. My parents are immigrants and coming to Canada was one of the toughest decisions they had to make. Seeing them thrive in a foreign environment is amazing. My sister is the ultimate combination of a sister and a best friend, she has always been a mentor to me when I am feeling stressed, and she has accomplished so much.

Describe Yourself in Three Words:

Inquisitive, developing, cares-too-much-about-everything (aka “considerate”)

What’s the one thing you wish you knew in first-year?:

Not everything is going to go as planned, expect failure at any point in your life and digest them as they come. Make sure you take your time to figure out what you want, don’t focus on the little things.

Julia Li

Queen's U