Campus Cutie: Jaden Diminno

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Name: Jaden Diminno

Pronouns: They/Them

Major: Geography

Program: ConEd

Year: 3rd

Hometown: Toronto, ON

Favourite Course So Far: Oceanography

Motivational Quote:

“You’ve got brains in your head and feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” By Dr. Seuss. It’s reminder that I’m in control of my life and where my life is going. If I don’t like the course it is taking I have the power to redefine it.

Bucket List Item You Will Cross Off this Year:

The only item on my bucket list is to visit all of Canada’s national parks in my lifetime. I’m planning on crossing off Point Peele, 1 000 Islands and Georgian Bay Islands this summer.   

3 Websites You Use Every-day: Tumblr, Moodle, Netflix

Favourite Dad Joke:

I got this one. Have you heard the broken pencil joke? Oh…don’t worry it’s pointless.

Favourite Restaurant in Kingston:

Frankie Pesto’s Italian Eatery for sure. I always get the lasagna whenever my parents come down for a visit. Also, they make the greatest hot chocolate which is always a plus.

Go to study spot on campus:  Under the staircase in BioSci. I have a thing about studying on the floor because tables are for squares.

When in Doubt I Can Always Find You: Generally sitting on my living room floor studying and watching Netflix. It’s a lifestyle.

TV Show You are Obsessed with Right Now: Galavant. It’s a medieval comedy, musical, and drama all in one, how could you not be obsessed with it. Galavant is perfection.

This or That

Tim Hortons or Starbucks: Tim Hortons

City or Country: City

Dine In or Delivery: Dine In

Coffee or Tea: Tea

Mountains or Ocean: Mountains

New Clothes or New Phone: New clothes, I can always go for new sweaters and more flannel in my wardrobe. 

Lindsay is a third year Politics and Gender Studies major at Queen's University.As a self-declared feminist, her interests are in gender diversity, intersectionality and equality for all. Dreams: to conquer the world and empower women to smash the glass ceiling