Campus Cutie: Alisha Thakkar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Name: Alisha ThakkarFaculty: Art Sci 17

Hometown: Mississauga

What would you say is your most attractive quality?

My personality, obviously *laughs*. I feel like I’m very bubbly and I’m optimistic? I AM optimistic. Just not when it comes to tests. 

How do you feel about piercings on guys?

Depends on what body part it’s on…overall I like them. Especially eyebrow piercings.

Where is the strangest place you’ve met someone you were interested in?Church. I don’t know how else I could possibly elaborate on that.

What’s the worst thing that could happen on a date?I’d feel uncomfortable if I’m trying to hold a conversation and I get one-word answers. I just don’t like awkward silence.

What’s the hardest thing about living on your own?

Cooking because I don’t know how to cook. I do know how to make spaghetti and meatballs, though. That’s my favourite thing.

If you could give a frosh advice about finding a house, what would it be?

Talk to the people who lived there before you. Landlords are trying to sell you the deal but the people who have lived there are usually honest about the good and the bad.

What are you afraid of?My biggest fear is snakes slithering out of the drain when I shower or being at the bottom of my bed. I’m afraid of snakes, which is ironic because my housemate had a snake for a while.

Now for some This or That!

Country or EDM?

EDM, though I don’t really listen to either.

Criminal Minds or Catfish?Criminal Minds but I do like both.

HOCO or St. Paddy’s?HOCO.

Cruise or Resort?Cruise.

Because you’re a dancer, lyrical or jazz?

Jazz.

Bubble tea or DQ?Bubble tea. No, DQ…oh, I don’t know.

Res or Off-campus?

I really liked res but I think I like living off-campus better. 

Queen's University, class of 2017 Psychology major and Health Studies minor