Campus Celebrity: Aashna Shawna

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

A quote by Aashna when I said I am jealous of her being home: “Thanksgiving should be every day anyway, we should all be thankful.”

Aashna is in 3rd year commerce, she is actively involved in various clubs such as QGM (Queen’s Global Markets), Queen’s Value Investment Club, Queen’s Commerce Trading Competition and etc. At the same time, she is also the recipient of several big scholarships! She is an editor for HC Queen’s U and everyone loves working with her! We had a lot of fun during the interview, here are the interview questions and answers:

·             How do you like everything in 3rd year so far?

o   Third year has been amazing so far! I’ve been able to reconnect with all my favourite people at Queen’s and stay really involved with all the great stuff happening on campus. But I’m really looking forward to next semester, I’ll be on exchange in London so I’m very pumped for that experience!

·             What are you most excited about exchange?

o   I wanted to go to London because I love the music scene there, so I hope I can see as many live acts as I can! There’s always something going downtown every night, and I’m really lucky in that I’ll be in the heart of the city so I know that a brand new experience is around every corner. I’ll be in some classes exclusively with exchange students, so I’ll have the privilege of meeting people from so many different backgrounds and I’m pumped to make those new friendships! Plus, London is such a great travel hub, I’ll be able to see lots of cities in Europe during my time abroad.

·             Does the accent play a part in your decision too?

o   Haha! Definitely. I do a terrible Sherlock Holmes impression, so hopefully exchange will help with that!

·             What suggestion would you give to us regarding balancing extra curriculars and school work?

o   I think it’s really important to lay out all of your responsibilities for the week in advance, so you know what you absolutely need to make time for and what can be spared or put off for another time. And I think to stay on top of things it’s vital to make time to breathe, whether that be hanging out with friends or catching up on TV! Making time for things you enjoy is so important to keep your head clear and focused. I also recommend reaching out to professors for extra help because that extra understanding will definitely shorten the amount of time it will take for you to get your work done.

·             What is your all-time favourite food? Everything is an acceptable answer ;)

o   My mom’s special guacamole recipe!

·             If you could date anyone in the world, who would it be and why?

o   Wow! I don’t know. I just started watching Gossip Girl, and Chace Crawford is pretty gorgeous. But obviously personality matters too!

o   If I had a crystal ball and I could find out who I’m gonna end up marrying, I guess I would want to date that guy. I mean, he must be pretty great.

·             If you were to describe your experience at Queen’s using a song, what would it be?

o   I would say Feel The Love by Rudimental

o   Because Queen’s feels like a second home to me, and in the end I know everything’s going to be okay! And I’m really lucky to be part of the commerce family!

Flora Wu

Queen's U

Queen's University, class of 2017 Psychology major and Health Studies minor