The Best Excuses to Get out of Anything Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Half of the semester is done, and most students are heading home for reading week soon! And that means being in the same city as your high school friends, ex-boyfriends, extended family, and old co-workers. Some of those people you can’t wait to see again, but most of them? Well, you don’t want to be rude when they message you saying you should hang, but sometimes that’s the last thing you want to do. So instead of pretending to see the text too late or ghosting, here are some of the best excuses to help you out!

1. Ugh I wish, but I have to go volunteer at (insert charity/event/old job or school here).

2. I’m stuck late at a meeting/work/in the library.

3. My housemate got broken up with, so we’re having a girl’s night in tonight, sorry!

4. Send the typing 3 dots gif. Just that. Nothing else.

5. My neighbours are having a really loud fight and I need to see how this plays out.

6. I’m having a really intense convo with this guy on Tinder, and I honestly think I’ve found the one.

7. I fell into a Wikipedia hole and now I’m convinced that the Zodiac killer is going to come back and I will be his first victim.

8. I’m watching every episode of The Simpsons from the beginning, and I’m scared if I stop, I’ll never catch up.

Rachel Baitz is a fourth year Film and Media student at Queen's University, graduating in 2017.