This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

No matter what I’m doing, you can find me listening to music. Whether I’m studying, working out, cooking, or hanging out with friends, I always have some sort of music playing. My Spotify Wrapped hours were definitely higher than most, to say the least. However, I find myself going through music phases with genres and artists when I feel the need for something new. When I’m trying to look for something new to listen to, I always find my way back to these top-tier albums. So, without further ado, here are 6 albums that I will never ever tire of.

Wasteland, Baby! – Hozier

Hozier has always been one of my favorite artists and when he released this album, I knew that I was going to be playing it on repeat forever. From songs like “Almost (Sweet Music)” and “Wasteland, Baby!”, this album offers some beautiful ballads and its fair share of fun songs. This album not only provides amazing instrumentation but also some of the most poetic lyrics I’ve ever read. I went to a Hozier concert in October for Unreal Unearth (another album I would recommend) and it was indescribably amazing. If you’re looking for a new sound and music with meaning, then this album is for you.

Bewitched – Laufey

I have always loved jazz artists like Chet Baker and Corinne Bailey Rae, so when I first discovered Laufey during the pandemic I was absolutely enthralled. This Grammy-winning album has become one of my favorite albums of all time. Bewitched is playful, personal, and emotional with songs about both love and heartbreak. From the orchestral backing to the bossa-nova-inspired sounds, this album is my musical dream. Listening to Bewitched while sitting in a cafe and sipping a coffee is an experience everyone needs to have. 

The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition) – Lady Gaga

Since I was a kid, Lady Gaga has been a prominent artist in my playlists. This album has some of the most iconic songs like “Just Dance,” “Bad Romance,” “Poker Face,” “Telephone,” and so many more. If I were stuck on an island and had the option to bring some music, this album would definitely be one of my choices. Listening to The Fame Monster reminds me of the early 2000s and is just a really fun album. Not only does everyone know at least one song from this album but it always gets people dancing or singing. This album is a must.

NFR – Lana Del Rey

When I first started listening to Lana Del Rey I was shocked because there really is no one with a sound like hers. Although I love her earlier albums, this one was a game-changer. Songs like “Cinnamon Girl” and “Happiness is a Butterfly” are some of the reasons why I believe everyone must listen to this album at least once in their life. Lana’s ability to create an Americana sound that is interwoven with other genres is what makes her music so unique. As described by the Rolling Stones, this album “sounds like a whole suite of songs conceived in the Seventies twilight when all songs on the radio were about LA.”

Heard It In A Past Life – Maggie Rogers

One day, while listening to a playlist that Spotify started recommending for me, the song “Alaska” came on. Immediately after listening to this song, I felt the need to listen to the album. The sound production on this album is amazing and every time I listen to it I’m impressed again. The lyrics and sounds are so cohesive it makes the experience of the album a satisfying journey. There’s a viral video from 2016 where Rogers played her song “Alaska” for Pharrell Williams and his reaction says it all. Trust me when I say that you want to give this album a listen.

MOTOMAMI – ROSALÌA

Although I cannot understand a word of Spanish, I have always loved artists like Bad Bunny, Karol G, Rauw Alejandro, and even Prince Royce. When I discovered ROSALÌA I became obsessed. I first listened to her second album El Mal Querer which was life-changing. This concept album was inspired by a manuscript from the 13th century told through flamenco-inspired instrumentals. I knew when she released MOTOMAMI it was going to be amazing. It easily became my top listened-to album that year with some of the most sonically satisfying songs like “CANDY” and  “DIABLO.” Her vocals are so impressive and I always come back to this album when I’m in the mood for something fun. 

I associate each of these albums with different experiences and times in my life. There are so many reasons why I became obsessed with these albums, but what makes them special is my personal experience. There were points in my life where I only listened to these albums and even now I still love them. I hope you give these albums a listen, create your own memories, and fall in love with them!

Emma Luong

Queen's U '25

A third-year Health Sci student at Queen's University who enjoys reading, making Spotify playlists, watching classic movies and cooking!