9 Easy Daily Habits to Make You Feel Like You Have Your Life Together

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

1. Make your bed every morning

This is a simple way to start your day off on a productive note. It takes less than a minute, and your future self will be so grateful when they get into a neatly made bed at nighttime.

2. Floss once a day

If you’re like me and find your dentist constantly nagging you about flossing at your checkups, this is such an important habit to get into! I finally started being consistent about flossing, and my dental hygienist actually complimented me about it at my last checkup!

3. Spend 2 minutes a day cleaning your room

All it takes is a couple minutes every day to quickly de-clutter, and your bedroom will stay consistently organized. It’s so much better than trying to deep clean a disaster zone every few months.

4. Moisturize!!!

Your skin will thank you for getting in the habit of moisturizing. My best tip is to moisturize your hands every night before bed.

5. Take your vitamins

Figure out what vitamins you need and take them daily. This also applies to any prescription medication you might forget to take.

6. Wear sunscreen

This is so beneficial for your skin and your health in the long run. I find the easiest way to do this is to find a daily face moisturizer with built-in SPF.

7. Drink enough water

There’s a bunch of apps out there to help you keep track of your water intake, and so many reasons why it’s important to stay hydrated. Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses!

8. Take your makeup off before bed!

I know it’s the last thing you want to do before passing out, but it’s such an important habit to get into.

9. Find a skincare routine and stick to it

It may take a bit of trial and error, but finding a skincare routine that works for you and sticking to it will make your skin glow brighter.

Katie Thomas

Queen's U '19

21, Canada