etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Things to Do This Summer in Kingston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Kingston has a lot of festivals and activities planned for the summer. If you’re planning to stay on campus, to visit, or if you simply live here, check out these cool events and don’t miss out!

1. The Juvenis Festival

May 1, 2019 – May 11, 2019

This festival displays young artistic talent and allows everyone to show off their creations or learn how to make them! Anyone from the ages of 13-30 can participate.

2. Spring After Dark 2019

May 24, 2019

If you would rather see art and even buy pieces, check out this art gallery in downtown Kingston!

3. Music in the Park

June 18, 2019 – September 5, 2019

Love live music? Music in the Park 2019 has arranged more than 60 live music concerts planned from June to September.

4. Movies in the Square

June 20, 2019 – September 5, 2019

If you’ve always wanted to go to an outdoor movie theatre, you can catch a show at Springer Market Square every Thursday evening for free!

5. Canada Day in Kingston 2019

July 1, 2019

Kingston has plenty of activities planned for Canada Day, including parades, live music, and fireworks all around the city!

6. Cirque du Soleil

July 4, 2019 – July 7, 2019

Have you always wanted to see the Cirque du Soleil? Well you’re in luck, as they’ll be returning to Kingston this July to display their arena show, “CRYSTAL”!

7. Buskers Rendezvous 2019

July 4, 2019 – July 7, 2019

This unique festival will be here in the first week of July and will take place all around Kingston!

8. Multisport Kingston Triathlon

August 4, 2019

If you love running triathlons or want to try one for the first time, be sure to participate in one of the oldest races of the city this coming August!

Have a great summer!

hamdah shabbir

Queen's U '20

Hamdah is a fourth year English student at Queen's University. She loves painting, music, photography, and of course, writing. She hopes to publish her own novels someday in the future.