This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

Personally, I’ve always found winter to be the most brutal few months of the year. Snow gets in the way of everything and I hate going outside when the air hurts my face. Here are some of my top tips to get you through the worst season and to help you survive until Spring.

1. Stay inside

Do you really need to leave the house? Ask yourself that each time you’re preparing to go outside.

2. Take advantage of Uber Eats

Why leave the house to get food when someone else can drive it right to your door?

3. Plan a warm getaway

Book a trip for Spring break to somewhere warm so you’ll have something to look forward to!

4. Invest in good winter clothing

Wearing a hat and a warm pair of gloves makes winter 10 times more bearable. Consider buying touch screen gloves so you can text outside without freezing your fingers off.

5. Find Winter activities that you enjoy

Skating, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing are fun outdoor activities that you can do almost anywhere. Find something you love to do outside that will make you enjoy winter a little bit more.

6. Make your room cozy

Candles, a furry blanket and some good books and it will make your Winter hibernation much more enjoyable.

Katie Thomas

Queen's U '19

21, Canada