5 Schools We’d Rather Be Returning To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Queen's U chapter.

It’s that time of year again. The leaves are changing, pumpkin spice everything is cropping up everywhere, horror movies are making their way to the theaters. It’s fall. And that means heading back to school. As much as we love making our way back to 8:30 classes and stressed-out study loads, we can’t help but wonder what it would be like to be returning to a different kind of school. So we’ve rounded up a list of 5 schools we would rather be returning to this September.

1) Hogwarts

Obviously the magical school of witchcraft and wizardry tops this list. Who wouldn’t give their left arm for a chance to study divination with the Boy Who Lived himself? You could practice Quidditch between Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, and you’d always have a great hangout place in Hogsmeade. Plus, hello, MAGIC. 

2) Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters

Being a mutant would be amazing. So going to a school specifically designed to teach you how to be a badass mutant would be just plain awesome. You could learn how to hone your mutant skills and hang around telepaths and mind-readers, and you’d get to live in a mansion. Beyond cool. 

3) East High

If you were a kid in the early 2000’s, you likely remember the magic that was High School Musical. East High would be the best place to struggle through algebra because you get a singing break like, every five minutes. Not only would you have Troy Bolton to stare dreamily at, you’d get to star in your own musical every day!

4) The Magic School Bus School

For all you 90’s kids, this one’s for you. Most of us remember tuning in after school to The Magic School Bus, right? And who among us can truthfully say they never dreamed about what it would be like to be in Ms. Frizzle’s class? You’d be going on a new (albeit slightly strange) adventure every day. And learning at the same time! Beats essay writing any day.  

5) Starfleet Academy

Prepare to be beamed up. Can you imagine how cool it would be to be in Starfleet Academy, training to travel the universe? You would spend your days learning about space travel, and everything you need to know to be a kickass Starfleet member. Not only would you get to experience the future (how cool is that?) but you’d graduate with the ability to travel to other planets. Sounds pretty stellar to us.  

Whether you love learning or would rather Netflix, we can all agree there are some seriously cool fictional schools we’d love to attend. From practicing magic spells with Harry, to learning about the universe with Starfleet, there’s something to suit everyone’s fancy. But if we can’t chill with Ms. Frizzle or be in a musical at East Side, we’re happy to be coming back to the place we call our tricolour home. 

Lena is a sophomore at Queen's University in Ontario, Canada. When she's not swamped with mandatory readings, you can find her with her nose in a book, hiding behind her laptop, or, of course, scrolling through the latest on Her Campus. You can find her work here, as well as at http://www.paperbackparis.com/author/lena-gilmour/ where she writes as a book blogger.