This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

It’s that time again…the holidays! I can’t believe it is already December.  Many of us have been anticipating this month after a year filled with much sadness and negativity.  However, although it is the last month of the year, it only benefits you to take advantage of it!  I absolutely will not let the whole holiday season go to waste.

You might be looking for some fun ideas for this winter, especially because it’s the pandemic and it doesn’t seem like there is a lot that can be done. I’m going to tell you my holiday bucket list, and hopefully, you’ll find some inspiration from it too!

Holiday Movie Nights with my Family

I’m not sure to what extent your family loves cheesy Christmas movies, but I’d definitely say my family is on the higher end of that scale! There are so many fun films on various streaming services, and there’s something for everyone! I know we’ll be having a number of movie marathons, and it’s a great opportunity to bond with family.

Write Letters to my Friends

I love writing letters and making them creative! I get a bunch of art supplies from the local art stores to use for the letters and really make them stand out.  It feels good to be able to bring smiles to my friends’ faces when they see the letters too, and what better time than now to do this?

Explore a Scenic Location

Although the pandemic is still happening, it’s not impossible to enjoy a new place in a socially distanced manner! One idea is going on a drive to see all the holiday lights.  There are always houses in my neighborhood or neighboring towns that go all out with the decorations! Just search up local activities, and I’m sure there are still places to go!

Bake in the Kitchen

Food over everything! I bake all the time at home, which is one of the reasons why I’m so ecstatic to be back.Anything from Christmas cookies to cake to truffles, there is always dessert being made at my house! You could possibly invite a friend over or even do this with your immediate family. I love baking with my little brother!

Be Grateful and Reflect

Before the year ends, I’m going to take a lot of time to reflect.  Whether that be on my personal life or on the current events happening in the world, it’s relieving to write some of that down in a journal.  In addition to the journal, I’m also writing down one thing I’m grateful for every day in the notes on my phone.  It’s not exactly a one-time item on my bucket list but instead an intentional habit every day that I am trying to be consistent with.

Make this holiday season count because not only is it the holidays but also the last month of the year!  I want to end 2020 on a high note, and if you make your own bucket list, then you’ll be one step further in having a clear vision for the way you want your holiday and year to be as well!

Public health student with a passion for words and making change. (She/Hers) IG: @tredzzzz