This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

“Where are you?”

“Where Else?”

This exchange of text messages is one only a Boilermaker can fully understand.  Where Else?, a bar named after the idea of “where else would you be?” has moved to a new location, and with their new location, they going for a completely new reputation.

I know for my friends, and myself, the thought of going to Where Else? didn’t come around until, well, about 2 a.m. Now that I’ve experienced the new Where Else?, though, the thought of Where Else? before the complete end of the night isn’t so hard to bare, in fact, it’s become one of the first places on our weekend agenda.

Where Else? began it’s time as a part of Purdue’s 21 and over social scene back in 1997 and since then, it has been known for Purdue’s best dance floor this side of the bridge.  Another Where Else? tradition?  Monday’s quarter-bottle night, a night that offers us poor college students beers for a just a mere 25 cents.

On November 1st, Where Else? traded it’s spot next to Brother’s Bar and Grill and moved across the street, taking the place of the former hookah bar, cleverly named Hookah!, and placing itself in Chauncey Square Mall.  With a couple of walls knocked down and a fresh coat of paint, the new Where Else? is now the new bar to spend the majority of your night. 

But don’t think that this switch of location will get rid of the perks of Where Else? you appreciated the most.  They will still be hosting the best D.J.s in town, but with an even bigger dance floor to take full advantage of the music. Where Else? will still be the place to be Monday nights with quarter beer night, and with the addition of $2 well drinks for all you non-beer drinkers.

Besides our favorite parts of Where Else?, the owners are taking the new reputation of the bar to a whole new level by adding some new features that will make this bar Purdue students’ favorite place to be on a night out.  Along with a ladies night, a beer pong league, and ridiculously cheap drink specials, Where Else? is offering up their tables for private parties and VIP Breakfast Clubs.  Private parties include bottle service and a personal server, and a VIP Breakfast Club offers no lines, a free mug, and a personal server as well.

So even if Where Else?’s previous location had you leery of trying out their new place, come in to check out the atmosphere, because as a recently converted Where Else? fan, I can vouch to the new and improved bar and expect it to quickly rise up from their old reputation.

Sources:

http://www.whereelsebar.com/in…

Leta is a senior at Purdue University studying Retail Management with a Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Leta is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and is obsessed with her sisters. An avid shopper and fashionista, Leta spends her time working as an Assistant Manager at Twenty Ten Boutique on Purdue's campus while managing their social media campaigns. Leta started writing for Her Campus Purdue in April of 2011. It was because of her extreme enthusiasm and passion for Her Campus that she was promoted to Purdue University's Campus Correspondent in January of 2012.