This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Now I know that this title is very counterintuitive since when you feel that you don’t what to do, well you don’t do anything. I hate feeling paralyzed and confused, that feeling when you are faced with a situation, and you just don’t know what to do. This can come when you don’t know how to study for a big test, when you are annoyed and have to confront someone, and many other situations where you just get stuck. Living through many experiences like this, I have come up with a few steps that have helped me become ‘unstuck’ and has helped me jump into action.

1. Angel vs the Devil

This is my typical first step. I feel like everyone has their own two personas, one that idealizes the situation and the other that looks at it from a logical and rational perspective, and both are equally important. The angel per se, is the romantic perspective that looks at life the way you would want it to be in a perfect world. The devil persona is the side of you that looks at everything in a way that is cold, logical, pessimistic. It’s the breaks in your actions that make you say stop and think before you act. These two sides of my persona help me come up with the best action to the situation I am facing and helps me with the best possible outcome.

• Talk about it!

This is something that I feel a lot of do when faced with some type of adversity. Something that helps me come back to reality when I am paralyzed in a situation is to talk about it with friends and/or family. This helps to bounce around ideas and helps me to think out loud. Sometimes things that you say in your head sound better than when you say them out loud, and talking about it helps with this.

• Sleep on it

This is a phrase about making decisions for a reason. After analyzing the situation and talking about it with other people, the best way to let the ideas marinate in your head is to sleep on it. This way in the morning you feel a lot more refreshed a ready to make the decision, and also are not that scared to make it.

Camila Gumucio is the social media director at the Purdue Her Campus chapter! She designs the social media content fro Instagram posts as well as reels and keeps everyone updated on what is going on with the chapter! Beyond HerCampus, Camila also does social media at the Purdue Registrar's Office, where she is also tasked to keep student's updated on important registration dates. She studies a double major of Marketing and Brain and Behavioral Sciences and is set to graduate May of 2025. In her free time, Camila enjoys time with her friends having tea time, and exercising listening to musics. She also likes to balance her time alone and enjoys some peace and quite every once in a while to organize :)