This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

After weeks of bipolar weather, it’s finally getting cooler! The cold sweater weather air, the brisk wind, and the colorful leaves are things that I have been looking forward to for so long. As fall feels become real, they bring some iconic Fall essentials back into play.

1. Boots

Knee-highs, thigh-highs, booties, peep-toes, rain boots, any kind of boot, it just seems right to have a pair or two, or more, in your closet. They keep your feet warm, can dress up an outfit, and are just insanely cute.

2. Fuzzy blankets

This has to be my absolute favorite of all the essentials. I love a good, cozy, fuzzy blanket, that I can snuggle into at night or during the day and take a well-deserved nap.

They’re amazing for staying in and wrapping up to watch T.V., read a book, or contemplate life.

3. Halloween movies

I love seasonal movies and what better time to get into the Halloween spirit than with some classic movies like Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus, Casper, Corpse Bride, and if you’re in a scary, spooky mood, there’s The Conjuring, Carrie, and A Nightmare on Elm Street.

4. Pumpkins

I feel like this is self-explanatory, but pumpkin everything comes out around this time of year and it wouldn’t officially be Autumn without something being pumpkin spiced. Not only can pumpkins be cooked with, baked with, or made into a delicious drink, but they can be a great creative outlet with pumpkin carving.

5. Autumn makeup

It seems as if the best time to start rocking a dark lip is around this time of year. Walking around, I definitely begin to see darker accents and shades in lipsticks, and nail polishes. Going with the changing gorgeous leaves, comes equally beautiful shimmery eyeshadows in shades ranging from metallic gold and copper to matte nude shades.

Fall is just beginning and I can’t wait to discover new Fall essentials.

All the way from Phoenix, Arizona, Janice attends Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, where she is currently a bioengineering major. Spending her time daydreaming Janice can be found jamming out to any song, watching netflix, or studying for the terrifying tests she has around the corner. You can follow her adventures @janichan on instagram.
Danielle Wilkinson is an Atlanta native and currently a senior at Purdue University studying Mass Communication. She is the co-correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Purdue. She has written for several online and print publications in the past including The Purdue Exponent, The Tab, Society 19, Study Breaks Magazine and Voy Study Abroad. She loves traveling, shopping and everything entertainment, especially movies and TV, but 90s rom coms will always be her favorite. She hopes to move to California one day to pursue a career in marketing. In her free time, she loves YouTube, watching movies with her friends, working on her novel, drinking tea and reading books.