This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Considering the fact that Taylor Swift is on my mind almost constantly, you would think I am prepared for anything and everything. Following the release of 1989 Taylor’s Version, I was so excited for Reputation Taylor’s Version, I was more than ready for it. I also assumed it was coming this past weekend at the 66th Grammys. The mastermind herself, dropped continuous hints over the past few months. Some of those said easter eggs consisted of subtle snake designs within her outfits, a chaotic collection of posts from Taylor Nation, and a handful of her closest friends, herself included, changing their profile pictures to black and white. As Taylor Swift accepted her first award of the night, I found myself holding my breath in anticipation, Reputation was finally coming home. But to my surprise and immense delight, we got something even better. Swift’s 11th studio album is coming soon!

The 66th Grammys were definitely a night to remember, major highlights consisting of Miley Cyrus winning her first Grammy, SZA being the most nominated artist of the year and many many exciting performances with legends such as Joni Mitchell and Traci Chapman. Despite all the incredible music and speeches playing across my screen one thought remained in my mind. What is The Tortured Poets Department?  With so many theories circulating I find myself encased in a web of hypotheticals. “This is the real breakup album”, “I bet Travis will be getting a song”, “they are all going to be so sad”, “there’s going to be so many features”, “I bet the featured artists are the ones with black and white profiles”. Never mind all the chatter, I truly believe that whatever comes from this album will be perfect. To quote Taylor, “a secret that I’ve been keeping from you for the past two years.” I just know that because she has planned so far in advance, we are receiving a true gift.    

Now what of the re-recordings? We do in fact still have two yet to be reclaimed, Debut and Reputation. Well the theory I discovered recently helps to remain calm as the Eras Tour continues this week. Swift seems to have a pattern when it comes to releasing her albums, in which she’ll release two re-records then a new album. We can see this in both Fearless and Red being re-recorded in 2021 and then the release of Midnights in 2022. Now that she has re-recorded both Speak Now and 1989 it is only a matter of time before The Tortured Poets Department is available. So, don’t worry there is a cycle and I am happy to wait a little longer for my favorite album of all time, if it means we get more of Taylor Swift. Now, I must request to not be bothered April 19th, I have a tortured poet to admire.

Kendell is a writer at the Her Campus Purdue University chapter. She's been a part of Purdue's Her Campus chapter since fall of 2023. Her favorite topics to write about include entertainment, the music industry and about her favorite experiences around campus. Beyond Her Campus, Kendell is a freshman at Purdue University, majoring in Communications with a minor in History and Creative Writing. Originally from Noblesville, Indiana, she grew up visiting West Lafayette and loves the student life. In her free time, Kendell enjoys listen to music especially Taylor Swift. She is also really into reading and loves to talk about her latest reads, majority of which involve romance. She loves to bake and back home is known for her banana bread muffins, coffee cake and chocolate chip cookies.