Sweater Weather White Chicken Chili

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

The temperatures here at the beginning of this new semester have been BRUTALLY cold. It can be a little hard to handle at times—especially on the walk to that one class that is SOOO much longer than the rest. When bundling up in your warmest winter gear isn’t cutting the cold, this soup will!

This white chicken chili recipe is one I put together from a variety when looking for “the golden soup” on Pinterest for HOURS. I like my soups creamy (so they get me full), and I never skip out on the seasonings. Also, since I am a college student, I don’t always have the time to put hours into one meal—but I am never willing to sacrifice taste!

If this sounds anything like you, here’s that golden soup recipe you’ve been looking for:

ingredients:

• Boneless chicken (you decide how much, I used ~1 lb.)
  • 2 cans of beans (I used black and pinto)
  • 1 can of corn
  • 1 can of rotel (VITAL for me)
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 block of cream cheese (cubed for better results)

SEASONINGS: (YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE THESE TO YOUR LIKING)

• chili powder
  • black pepper
  • salt
  • taco seasoning (a lot of recipes recommended ranch seasoning, but I was out and substituted)

STEPS:

1. Put your chicken on the bottom of a greased crock-pot.
  2. Add all (undrained) canned ingredients and cream cheese on top.
  3. Add in onion (chop if not already) and desired seasonings.
  4. Cook on HIGH for ~4-6 hours while occasionally stirring—ready to eat! (cook times can vary depending on your personal schedule)
(she/her/hers) Junior @ Purdue University with a major in Hospitality & Tourism Management and a double minor in Event Planning & Meeting Management and Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies As a part of Her Campus, my goal for this organization is to give women something to resonate with. Through content on all aspects of a collegiate woman's life, my contributions to Her Campus will help further build a safe, fun, & welcoming foundation for women everywhere.