This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Can you guys believe Libra season is already coming to an end?! I hope your relationships were able to thrive in the past month. But, with the end of Libra comes the start of Scorpio, so get ready to awaken your inner she-devil. Scorpio is mysterious, passionate, and dark. Perfect for Halloween, it’s time to bring out the claws. If you want to reflect more Scorpio vibes in your outfits this season, here are my suggestions for you.

Leather (faux leather works too for my animal lovers)

A great staple piece for fall in general is a leather trench coat or blazer. These are very in-style right now and can be dressed up or down to fit any occasion. You could also rock a classic leather jacket or make a statement with some leather pants or a skirt. Leather purses, especially black or red, also fit the Scorpio aesthetic.

Velvet

We all love some soft and smooth velvet. It’s cozy, while also being a classy and elegant step up from our typical casual fabrics. I think Scorpio is best represented with darker colors, so some red, navy, deep green, purple, etc. would look great. Those colors are very fitting going into late autumn, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.

Silk or Lace

While pastel and light colored silk and lace were perfect for cutesy Libra season, darker colors fit a more seductive and bold Scorpio vibe. A specific item from my own wardrobe that comes to mind is a black slip skirt (a bit longer than knee length on me) that I love to wear this time of year. It’s made of a silky material with lace along the bottom seam and small slit. Being a slip originally, it is pretty thin, but I love wearing plain or patterned black nylons with it anyways. The nylons help keep me warm and make up for any sheerness the skirt may have (though it is black already, so it’s not really see-through to begin with).

Chunky boots and shoes

This ties in with the leather theme as well, but it’s finally cold enough to bust out your favorite pair of Doc Martens or combat boots. Any of your bulky, chunky, platform, studded, monster shoes can now have their moment of glory, so go ahead and stomp away!

Animal Print

This can apply to really any clothing item, but I am absolutely loving animal print right now. Personally, I think fiercer animal prints like snakeskin or leopard are more fitting than a cow print this time of year, but it’s all up to your own personal preference. Don’t forget about zebra either! An alternative to animal prints, if that’s not really your style, would be other patterns like houndstooth or checkers to give you the same bold pop.

If you’re ready for your heartbreaker, soul-crusher, Scorpio moment, I hope these recommendations will help you exude that irresistible confidence and attitude.

Katherine Raykova is the President at the Her Campus at Purdue chapter. She’s been a part of Purdue’s Her Campus chapter since fall of 2020! She oversees chapter meetings, brand partnerships, a monthly chapter newsletter, and general maintenance to keep her chapter afloat. Her favorite areas to write about are fashion, books, plants, and all things witchy. Katherine is currently a senior at Purdue University, double majoring in Mechanical Engineering and English with a minor in Intellectual Property Law for Engineers. She has completed a year of industry experience working in aerospace consulting and is currently an undergraduate research assistant for the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue. Outside of classes and Her Campus, Katherine is also a writing tutor at Purdue’s On-Campus Writing Lab (OWL) and a mentor for the Women in Engineering program. She hopes to attend law school next year to become a patent attorney. When she gets the chance, Katherine reads and spends as much time outside as possible. She loves listening to music and going on long walks around campus and nearby nature centers – even in the winter. Most days, she practices yoga, plays with tarot cards, and drinks multiple cups of tea. When she feels inspired, Katherine writes fiction or takes on a sewing/knitting project.