Richard Elliot Calhoun ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

Meet Elliot, our campus cutie for the week. Elliot is not only a tri-athlete but also a future lawyer ladies. Brains and brawn is what he stands for. You can find him cactusing on a Thursday night or studying it out in the Purdue libraries. Lets get to know this boilermaker a little bit better.

Name: Richard Elliot Calhoun
They Call me: Elliot
Year: Senior
Age:  24
Relationship Status: Dating
Involved in: Triathlon Club
Interests: Golf, traveling, triathlons and I’m a bomb ass chef!

HC Purdue: What is something people don’t really know about you?
Elliot:
That I’m a softie. Like a good rom- com hits the spot.

HCP: What do you love in a girl?
E:
I love a girl with a sense of humor, and is willing to do everything with me!… Like literally sit around and do everything and anything.

HCP: What is your idea of a perfect date?
E:
A perfect date would definitely consist of an extravagant dinner, cooked by your’s truly, followed by a walk around town, and a night out roaming the town, somewhere awesome like Rome, Venice, Rio de Janiero.

HCP: Major pet peeve?
E:
A girl that can’t take a joke. I hate that because I am constantly joking around. Also, insecurities, I like a girl who believes me when I tell her I like her.

HCP: What’s your favorite Purdue spot?
E:
Harry’s, and then anywhere, after a few hours at Harry’s it doesn’t matter where you go it will definitely be fun.

HCP: What is the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
E:
That would probably have to be Backcountry snowboarding in Montana, or Cliff diving off a 55′ cliff, take your pick. I would say the cliff diving was more daring.

HCP:  Most embarrassing moment?
E:
 I think I embarrass myself all the time .

HCP: What are your career goals?
E:
Well I want to go to law school and specialize in real estate law and open up a commercial real estate developing firm.

HCP: What do you love about Purdue?
E:
I love… the people. For the most part, everyone here is happy.  Everyone is here to have a good time and they want everyone else to have a good time too.

HCP : In 10 years I see myself?
E: 
In ten years, I see myself starting the real estate development company, married with 1 or 2 kids .

HCP: Do you have a special talent?
E:
  I think I give the best massages ever – years of practice, too.

HCP: Favorite food? 
E:
  It’s a Brazilian kind of steak called Picanha. I love it because no one cooks steak like the Brazilians.

HCP:Favorite team?
E:
  The Saints. I’m a diehard.

HCP:Bucket list?
E:
1. Visit every continent.
2. Go skydiving.
3. Eat at the top 5 restaurants of the world.
4. Finish an Iron Man race.  It’s swim 2 miles, bike 120 miles and then run a marathon. 

Leta is a senior at Purdue University studying Retail Management with a Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Leta is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and is obsessed with her sisters. An avid shopper and fashionista, Leta spends her time working as an Assistant Manager at Twenty Ten Boutique on Purdue's campus while managing their social media campaigns. Leta started writing for Her Campus Purdue in April of 2011. It was because of her extreme enthusiasm and passion for Her Campus that she was promoted to Purdue University's Campus Correspondent in January of 2012.