Products That Will “Pumpkin” Spice Up Your Life This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

I will never get tired of the cozy season that autumn is. Whether I am wearing a sweater at the pumpkin patch or shoving my face with apple cider donuts during a Halloweentown marathon, fall is so easy to love! That’s why I may be a little extreme with my fall-related purchases. Who could pass up a cute fluffy ghost blanket at Target, anyhow? Let’s talk about how you can treat yourself this season.

Because of online classes and the pandemic, I have been spending an abnormally large amount of time in my dorm room. Whenever I need a mood booster, I snatch my Febreze Air spray in “Fresh-Harvest Pumpkin” and go ham. This scent is not overwhelming at all. It smells like somebody’s grandma just took her buttery pumpkin scones out of the oven. If you would like a new Bath and Body Works wallflower scent, please try “Pumpkin Vanilla Crème” at Bath and Body Works. Don’t worry, I smelled all of their candles to ensure this scent is the BEST! For those who live anywhere other than a dorm and are allowed to have candles, please try “Sugar & Spice” from Yankee Candle. I bought the largest size of that candle in seventh grade, and I have used it religiously for eight years. It makes your area smell like an apple cider donut bakery!

If you want to “pumpkin” spice up your room with decor, the Target dollar section has the cutest knick-knacks. My personal favorites are the pillows with cheesy quotes (perfect for a futon), signs to hang on your door, and the annual FUZZY SOCKS! The socks will be sure to “wow” everyone in your one lecture of the week when you style them with a fresh pair of Crocs. An easy yet adorable DIY would be to fill a mason jar with candy corn. Brownie points if you tie a cute ribbon around the neck of the jar!

If you are in need of a study break treat, hear me out… Take some warm Dunkin Donuts hazelnut coffee (I make mine in a Keurig), add Coffee Mate Nestle “Pumpkin Spice” creamer, and dip Halloween Oreos into the coffee. The cookies become warm, ooey-gooey, life-changing explosions. This snack reminds me of fried Oreos at the fair since warm Oreos are something I have not experienced much of.

For those who are dedicated lovers of fall, check out the Hyde & Eek Boutique fluffy blankets at Target. They cost ten dollars and are some of the softest blankets I have ever felt! Their Halloween patterns are to die for this year. To all of the Starbucks lovers seeking a cute reusable cup, please check out @abbsolutely.abby on Instagram. Her cups are all about the bling and the glam, and the autumn cups she has released are stunning.

It is easy to fall into a dangerous spending habit during this season, but treating yourself to something that you will use generously may be worthwhile. Please tag us on Instagram @hercampuspurdue if you decide to give any of these products a try (I need to know your thoughts on those candles!). Here’s to being grateful for what we have, but also enjoying a little treat here and there during this remarkable season.

Lauren Beck

Purdue '22

Lauren Beck is a senior at Purdue University, majoring in marketing. Originally from Bartlett, Illinois, Lauren loves to film YouTube videos, drink horchata and play Fortnite. You can follow her on Instagram @Sillysnorin